sale

Guitar Speed Trainer

Is there anyway to find free full (not demo) version of Guitar Speed Trainer.

I would buy it but I think it is too expensive and I don't have money for it.

Or if there isn't full free version is there other program that is like Guitar Speed Trainer.

Thanks.

Hey sale, What I've found, is that every instructional book, video, PC program etc. that

I've looked at, basically boils down to the same thing: Take any 3 or 4 notes from any

scale and play them in a looped fashion (repeatedly), slowly at first and gradually

increase speed using a metronome as a reference...

The metronome is always stressed as the tool most likely to help your speed and accuracy...!!!

Cheers

Ben

Thanks Ben.

I thought it is good program for increasing speed:brickwall:

I will keep practicing with metronome

Cheers

Sale

Have you tried PowerTab? I use GuitarPro, but I think PT is pretty much the same.

You can load up any practice files and use the tempo parameter to slow down and speed up the sound, plus loop any passage. I have slowed down a lick until I could get it. Sometimes as slow as 20bpm and then sped it well up to over a 100bpm, 10bpm at a time.

A few players have told me that if you're going to bother getting a metronome at all, then get the real thing. That is, with the pendelum arm, like the one's usually seen on pianos. Apparently, the visual effect, together with the sound is more effective than just an electronic beat. I've never tried myself 'cos I'm too stingy to spring for one and I'd probably only end up hypnotising myself with it anyway.

Hi Guys

I have developed speed by using the following approach:

1. Considering the fingering options for the passage I wish to play. Working out the most efficient way to progress through the notes.

2. I do the same with my right hand. I typically approach everything using alternate picking (Steve Morse) or legato ala Satch. I can play most things by picking every note, but often prefer the legato tone. I will try and identify where my pick stroke needs to commence, and then go from there.

I have dabbled with economy picking, but I decided it didn't work for me.

3. I then start playing the piece extremely slowly. I will work on playing a note every few seconds, and observe my hands for efficiency and lack of tension as I do so. When I am confident I understand the mechanics of what I am doing, and have a good idea of the flow of the piece/passage, I introduce tempo. I often play at around 15 BPM. When I am confident with this, I speed up. Sometimes I can jump straight up to full tempo, other times I move up in small increments.

While this requires patience, I find that I achieve the end results faster than jumping in at half speed or so and bashing away at it.

I can only say that Jamey Andreas would be proud of you Scotty. It actually takes a great deal of patience to do it your way, but the end results (as you mention) speak for themselves. It actually takes a certain amount of courage to postpone the need for speed and work on technique. Bravo for such a sensible and dilligent approach.

Bearz