carol m

Problem with the Link button

carol m    64

When I try to add a link to a post and click on the link icon, the whole page goes darker and the only way I can get out of that page, or do anything at all, is to close it. Am I missing something? I couldn't see any way to clear the darkness, or type, or do anything.

Clancy    36

Yeah I get that too Carol. I also get it on the image button. I did a upgrade today, it must be a bug, I'll report it and try and get it fixed. It's a pain for sure.

Sorry about that.

Clancy

carol m    64

No worries Clancy - once I realised it was the site and not my computer - or my eyes - I knew you'd make everything right again.....like all good mums do.

Clancy    36

Seems to be working for me today Carol. Clear your cache and give it another try when you get the chance and let me know how it goes.

carol m    64

What will I lose if I delete my cache? I tried deleting today's cache only, and that didn't fix it, but the next choice is to delete 'everything' in the cache and there's a big red exclamation mark saying "If you delete everything, it's permanent and it cannot be reversed!!!" Which is kind of scary.

What about cookies? Could they be the cause? I selected 'cache' only when I deleted today's.

Clancy    36

You should be able to just hit ctrl and F5 to clear your cache. That should do it Carol. Apparently it's a new .js file that needs to be loading instead of the old one. You shouldn't need to delete your cookies.

carol m    64

I haven't deleted my cache yet, and I just tried it again.....it goes dark....and then: the link box comes up which it didn't do before, and when I click ok, it is ok. I don't know what you did, but you fixed it, as usual! Thanks. :)