Stu74

Roland micro cube amp

My wife just bought a micro cube amp for me for christmas.She wanted me to test it out to make sure there was no problems with it before she put it away for christmas.

I have read brilliant reviews about this amp and after testing it out for 15 minutes i cant beleive how good it is.My guitar playing sounds so much better than my old amp.The vulume for such a small amp is louder than expected and at full volume dosnt loose sound quality concidering the tiny 2watts speaker.I cant wait for christmas now to have a play around with all the settings and effects again.

Congrats... I have played through a Roland 20X for a couple of years at home and agree that they are great little amps and very versatile. We use a micro to demo guitars at guirat show/swaps. Maybe you can sneak in a few tunes when she goes out shopping or something ....being a little devious probably won't have Santa think too unkindly of you...I hear he's really into music.

I must admit it is tempting to have sneaky play around when the wife goes out.

Eddiez i can 100% recomend the micro cube if your ever after a new little practice amp.One other really good thing is it can run off batteries as well so you can take it anywhere.

We have not used it continually turned on for any more than 10-15 minutes at a time using batteries, but it easily handles testing guitars at the shows for a weekend. I have read good reviews of exceptional battery life by players doing long jam sessions and outdoor recording. Roland rates it at up to 20 hrs., but I would be surprised if it was that efficient.

These little amps, as well as the Vox DA5's, are sweet ss amps. I take mine to music festivals, camping, picnics, etc. The effects, for the most part, are useful...but some of them are a little over the edge...but that's very subjective, I reckon.

Props to your wife for getting you a musical toy for Christmas, I know you'll enoy it...but don't you be sneaking around, now...hear? :D

My uCube is pretty handy. The battery operation is what I like about it. And my experience is that the batteries last a long time.

Micky i am mature in some ways but i do like my toys.

I usualy have very good will power but i am struggling not to have a little play again.

I think my wife is going to have to take it to a friends house until closer christmas because it is just to tempting.

Yes im loving it.I love the effects etc but already im wanting more volume(when the wifes out) but with 2 watts what can i expect.

It is 10 times better than my old amp and does really make me sound like a better player.

• Like 1