sheraton

fancy putting a lead break over this track.......anyone?

i recorded this today my version of Stevie Wonder's Superstition..........i never put a lead break down, i thought it'd be cool to see if anyone else fancies having a go at it........any takers???

there's actually 2 breaks, first one comes in @ 2:18 or 2:08 if that's better and again 4:14 or 4:04

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11139498

i had to reduce the file size to upload to soundclick.......so quality is a little compromised

Paul.........

oh aye.....in the key of Em.......i think......lol

Sounds like a blast, I'll give it a whirl.

Won't be able to get to it this weekend, but I will next weekend for sure.

I could just copy the audio and make an mp3 and re-load a new mp3 unless you have a stereo wav track I can download from somewhere. I'm on PT and could either re-upload a new stereo wav or just get you the new guitar track wavs so you can remix. Whatever works.

Sounds like a blast, I'll give it a whirl.

Won't be able to get to it this weekend, but I will next weekend for sure.

I could just copy the audio and make an mp3 and re-load a new mp3 unless you have a stereo wav track I can download from somewhere. I'm on PT and could either re-upload a new stereo wav or just get you the new guitar track wavs so you can remix. Whatever works.

Cool.. :thumbup1:

you could download the mp3 on this page..... http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1049424

or if you'd prefer i could make a wav file............

Paul............

:clap: :clap: :clap::punk: .........oh aye :yes: ........i really like it :smilinguitar: ..........great tone, feeling, the works......what guitar etc did you use

it's great to hear someone else on something i've recorded, refreshing for me.......and when it's done with style like this :thumbup1:

hope you had some fun playing with this........ good jam dude :beer:

Paul...........

Thanks brother. Oh, fun, yah! This song has such a fun groove. Even though it might seem like a 'mundane' groove, it's really not! And such a well crafted tune to boot.

Guitar is a PRS Custom 22, run through a Lab Series L11, 200W head.

4x12 Acoustic brand cabinet mic'd up with 2x Shure PG81's each on their own speaker at the top of the cab and close to the grill cloth (A/B config), 2x Rode NT55's with the omni capsules installed and about 6" back from the bottom two speakers in a X/Y config, and 1 Rode NTK at about 6 feet high and back about 6 feet and centered as a room mic.

I had a ton of fun. Thanks for the tune. I hope we can do some more together!

Thanks for a great track. You sound great.

Thanks brother. Oh, fun, yah! This song has such a fun groove. Even though it might seem like a 'mundane' groove, it's really not! And such a well crafted tune to boot.

Guitar is a PRS Custom 22, run through a Lab Series L11, 200W head.

4x12 Acoustic brand cabinet mic'd up with 2x Shure PG81's each on their own speaker at the top of the cab and close to the grill cloth (A/B config), 2x Rode NT55's with the omni capsules installed and about 6" back from the bottom two speakers in a X/Y config, and 1 Rode NTK at about 6 feet high and back about 6 feet and centered as a room mic.

I had a ton of fun. Thanks for the tune. I hope we can do some more together!

Thanks for a great track. You sound great.

that's some serious mic'ing going on, sounds good tho............ i only got one mic, a Sure c606 budget version of the sm58 i think, iuse it for singing and mic'ing my amp, i think this recording is using the sims in my Boss eight track tho........

aye, defo need to do some more

Paul...............

You guys are an inspiration. I did pick up and plug in my electric, but it was a disaster - I thought I'd fixed the intonation before but as soon as I tried to play along with your track it was painful - a mix of sharp and flat depending on the strings used.

I'm going to have to invest in a professional set up to know if this cheap (very nice to look at) guitar is salvageable. I really do think that the sound I can get from this guitar is why I only rarely play it. In the past I have blamed my disappointing electric recordings on my lack of skill and experience playing electric, but maybe that is not the major problem.

So thanks for encouraging me to play along and finding out that I might need a new guitar. It's appreciated. :)

that's some serious mic'ing going on, sounds good tho............ i only got one mic, a Sure c606 budget version of the sm58 i think, iuse it for singing and mic'ing my amp, i think this recording is using the sims in my Boss eight track tho........

aye, defo need to do some more

Paul...............

Eh...I only do it 'cause I can. I just find that it's nice to be able to choose and blend different sound textures and not be stuck with whatever comes out. I've had plenty of good recordings only using one mic, though.

Eh...I only do it 'cause I can. I just find that it's nice to be able to choose and blend different sound textures and not be stuck with whatever comes out. I've had plenty of good recordings only using one mic, though.

for sure! i'm going to experiment a wee bit with mic'ing, i have a 4x12 that i can plug my Laney into, the laney has a 10" speaker, which i like, but i'm interested to hear if the speakers in my 4x12 sound any different....to each other....i know they sound a lot different to the 10" open back laney

Paul.........

Yah, I'll bet that the speakers do sound different. It's weird to think about, but you can even get a bit of different sound texture just micing a different part of the cone. The toughest part for me to capture is the low end. I haven't completely figured that out for the room where I'm recording. The tough part is that low end signals sometimes take several feet to even develop. And then trying to capture the low end rumble of the cabinet and just the way it fills a room is really tough. Ah well, life is for learning. And experimenting.

Steve