Forum Upgrade

26 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Clancy

Administrator

• Admin

• 3,467 posts
  • Joined 17-October 05

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:47 AM

Well love it or hate it, here is the updated forum. Sorry about the rather lengthy downtime.

Please let me know if anything isn't working for you.

If your profile picture is missing, or has a rather unattractive coloured frame around it when showing in the forum areas, just re-upload a slightly bigger image. The avatars and profile pics were merged, so now your avatar shows as your profile picture.

The Member Activity tab is the old NewsFeed tab.

The subforums are still there, just not showing on the forum home page as it was looking a little too cluttered..

Over and out,

Clancy
I said, "I do not fear those pants with nobody inside them." I said, and said, and said those words. I said them but I lied them. ~ Dr. Seuss

#2 OFFLINE   Father Goose

• Active Members
  • 418 posts
  • Joined 21-February 08

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:27 AM

Nice! I love the new look.
My avatars a bit flat though LOLz.

Thanks to GFB&B admins/mods etc!

#3 OFFLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 9,880 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:07 PM

Wow its got a lot of extras. NIce!
Nothin sweeter than the sound of music comin out of a 6 string box - EZ me Music / ASCAP "Music is a social act of communication, a gesture of friendship,the strongest there is"-Malcolm Arnold

#4 OFFLINE   mattz196

Grand Member

• Active Members

• 2,518 posts
  • Joined 31-July 06

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:01 PM

Very nice Clancy,like the view options in new content.
What's Rangoon to you is Grafton to me

#5 OFFLINE   Clancy

Administrator

• Admin

• 3,467 posts
  • Joined 17-October 05

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:11 PM

Glad you like it. I like it too. I think it's simpler to navigate. You would have seen it up and running on the PlaneTalkers forum already Matt.

There are still a few minor bugs to be sorted out. You'll probably notice that your topic email notifications are turned off. To turn them back on, just go to your settings and then to notification options.

Ooh, ooh, just noticed a really good new feature. As you are writing your post, it autosaves it for you. Then if your browser shuts down before you post you can go back to the topic and hit the View Auto Saved Content link right below the post and then hit restore and it fills in the post field for you.

Clancy
I said, "I do not fear those pants with nobody inside them." I said, and said, and said those words. I said them but I lied them. ~ Dr. Seuss

#6 OFFLINE   windsong

Grand Member

• Active Members
  • 1,692 posts
  • Joined 29-October 07

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:50 PM

My 1st new post on the new forum, but my avatar is missing. Can I have it back. Really liked them chopstickes, even used them for lunch today. Do we have any smilies OK I just discovered where the smilies are :hammers:

#7 OFFLINE   Clancy

Administrator

• Admin

• 3,467 posts
  • Joined 17-October 05

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:20 AM

You'll have to re-upload it windsong. If it's not showing then it's gone I'm afraid.

Clancy

#8 OFFLINE   Chelle E.

• Active Members

• 302 posts
  • Joined 14-September 08

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:29 AM

Very nice upgrade, more streamlined looking. Had a bit of trouble resizing my Avatar but the whole site looks great! Thanks for the hard work it must have been.

Chelle

#9 OFFLINE   Clancy

Administrator

• Admin

• 3,467 posts
  • Joined 17-October 05

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:29 AM

Thanks Chelle. Is the font size bigger for you now?

#10 ONLINE   carol m

Songwriting Moderator

• Moderators

• 7,228 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:44 AM

Nice work Clancy - I need to go exploring.
One good thing about music is that when it hits you, you feel no pain - Bob Marley

#11 OFFLINE   Clancy

Administrator

• Admin

• 3,467 posts
  • Joined 17-October 05

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:10 AM

Thanks Carol.

#12 OFFLINE   Clancy

Administrator

• Admin

• 3,467 posts
  • Joined 17-October 05

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:10 AM

I've just noticed that some member's donation stars are missing. I'll look into that.

Clancy

#13 ONLINE   carol m

Songwriting Moderator

• Moderators

• 7,228 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:12 AM

I seem to have lost some friends - if you are one of the missing, it's nothing to do with me! :)

And, I'm sure I haven't posted mostly in Chit Chat Off Topic - that can't be right - a small point which doesn't matter but it's interesting.
One good thing about music is that when it hits you, you feel no pain - Bob Marley

#14 ONLINE   carol m

Songwriting Moderator

• Moderators

• 7,228 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:16 AM

Wow! 5524 profile views - I am suddenly very popular. :)

edit: my friends were only hiding - they're in their own category and don't all show on the profile page like they did before.

#15 OFFLINE   Chelle E.

• Active Members

• 302 posts
  • Joined 14-September 08

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:34 PM

View PostClancy, on 16 September 2011 - 01:29 AM, said:

Thanks Chelle. Is the font size bigger for you now?
Yes, Clancy, I'm not squinting now, good job! And btw, what a good memory you have, thanks for remembering.

#16 OFFLINE   Clancy

Administrator

• Admin

• 3,467 posts
  • Joined 17-October 05

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:12 PM

View PostChelle E., on 16 September 2011 - 12:34 PM, said:

Yes, Clancy, I'm not squinting now, good job! And btw, what a good memory you have, thanks for remembering.
I was always bugged by the fact I couldn't re-create and fix that. I was hoping this upgrade would fix it. Glad it did,

Clancy

#17 OFFLINE   Clancy

Administrator

• Admin

• 3,467 posts
  • Joined 17-October 05

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:18 PM

View Postcarol m, on 16 September 2011 - 07:12 AM, said:

And, I'm sure I haven't posted mostly in Chit Chat Off Topic - that can't be right - a small point which doesn't matter but it's interesting.

I think it is right Carol. I've checked other members and their "mostly posted in" forums seem to be what I thought they would be. Which forum do you think you've posted the most in?

This is not new. It was on the old forum as well.

View Postcarol m, on 16 September 2011 - 07:16 AM, said:

Wow! 5524 profile views - I am suddenly very popular. :)
You are a popular member Carol and we have many visitors to our site who I'm sure would take a peek at your profile out of curiosity. This was also shown on the old forum profile page.

Cheers

Clancy

#18 ONLINE   carol m

Songwriting Moderator

• Moderators

• 7,228 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

Well I might have to get a bigger hat size! But... maybe the profile views are along the lines of 'Who is this nut-case??'

I thought I would show up in Songwriting more than Chit Chat Off Topic - so...I need to do some more songwriting and post less Recipes - I blame Matt. :)

#19 OFFLINE   Clancy

Administrator

• Admin

• 3,467 posts
  • Joined 17-October 05

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:33 PM

View Postcarol m, on 16 September 2011 - 08:42 PM, said:

Well I might have to get a bigger hat size! But... maybe the profile views are along the lines of 'Who is this nut-case??'

I thought I would show up in Songwriting more than Chit Chat Off Topic - so...I need to do some more songwriting and post less Recipes - I blame Matt. :)

Well why not blame Matt. That makes good sense to me.

#20 OFFLINE   karcey

• Active Members

• 1,329 posts
  • Joined 02-January 06

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:16 AM

Well I reckon I'd be the one who finds it hardest to change. I've had a look at the new format for a while, edited my profile, looked up a few friends and generally explored. I reckon I'll be able to handle it, so thanks Clancy for making these improvements.
"The music matters more than the instrument on which we play it." Jason W. Solomon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users