- - - - -

OK so I think I'm in trouble!

4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gitarman

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 29-July 11

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:08 PM

Well guys a while back I posted that I had bought a Gibson J-45 and was having a blast, well this is an update! I got some bone bridge pins and a bone saddle from Bob Colosi, that is cool, got them installed with no problem, D Addario E16 Phosphoros Bronze strings (12s) Well that wasn,t enough......I bought an American Standard Stratocaster! and a Super Champ XD amp! That's not all, there is a really good deal on a Gibson Les Paul Standard that I have my eye on, Labor Day Sale you know! OK, maybe I need an intervention here! Whadda you think? How did I fund this? Well as a hobby I build Custom Bamboo flyrods and I had several on inventory, so driving home from work friday I got this idea that if Guitar Center could have a Labor Day Sale....so I posted my Labor day sale on the internet, now I have to tell you that I have a pretty good rep for my flyrods and by This morning I had sold 3 flyrods....one more and that Gibson is mine!

Sorry for the rant but I'm pretty excited....did I tell you guys I am 60 years young? Still haven't grown up :>( My poor wife, how does she put up with me?

Joe

#2 OFFLINE   mattz196

Grand Member

• Active Members

• 2,518 posts
  • Joined 31-July 06

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:29 PM

That's great Joe , how about posting some pics...no not the guitars.
I'm quite keen to see some of your flyrods,I have seen bamboo flyrods before but have never had a cast with one.
Tempted to sign off with "Tight Lines" but mabye Keep Twangin' is more appropriate.
Cheers
Matt
What's Rangoon to you is Grafton to me

#3 OFFLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 9,880 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:20 PM

Joe,
Believe me it gets worse, good for you and your guitar adventures. Like Mattz said keep twanging.
Nothin sweeter than the sound of music comin out of a 6 string box - EZ me Music / ASCAP "Music is a social act of communication, a gesture of friendship,the strongest there is"-Malcolm Arnold

#4 OFFLINE   gasbag

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 390 posts
  • Joined 31-January 08

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:02 PM

Hey, if you are going to have fun you are doing it the right way. :thumbup1:
Although I don't understand the comment about the flyrod.
Why would anyone want to catch a fly? :drinking:
Blessed are the Flexible, for They shall not be bent out of shape.

#5 OFFLINE   fly135

Grand Member

• Active Members

• 2,512 posts
  • Joined 14-February 06

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:01 PM

Nice choice on the Super Champ XD. :winkthumb:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users