JessThrasher

Zoom Q3 HD

JessThrasher    10

I was at a jam session with a friend and one of the guitar players was recording the session with a Q3 HD. He let me try it out and the audio quality was really good I must say. Whenever I try to record my covers with a regular camcorder/digital camera, the audio always sounds ends up sounding muddy (although it seems to do fine with the piano). I've been thinking of getting one for recording my Youtube covers for a while now, anyone have experiance with it?

OldG    3

If you already have a decent camcorder - I reckon a Zoom H2 would be better... You can then place the H2 in a spot best for recording, and then video to suit your taste. With the Q3 you're gonna have to compromise sound for video angle or vice versa.

JessThrasher    10

My house was broken into two months ago and all my cameras/camcorders were stolen. I don't use a camcorder much for recording other things, so that's why I was thinking of getting a Q3. I mainly record music videos.

scotty_b    16

Hi

I have one sitting on my desk right now to try out. The sound was fantastic on the first model, video was not as good. Hopefully the video will be great on this new one. I'll let you know!