Clancy

Anyone using GuitarPro on an iPad?

Clancy,

Also loaded Kirk's (Been Had) GP-5 lesson. Also works great.

Here how its done. For people who have purchased the full lesson and want to put it on their Ipad or Ipod.

1. Open Kirks lesson.

2. Open The GP-5 file in Guitar Pro.

3. Save it to the desktop.

4. With I pad connected to the cpomputer go to Itunes.

5. Select your Ipad and then select Guitar Pro App.

6. Add file to Guitar Pro app and sync.

Pretty much about it. You can;

1. Transpose to any key

2. Speedup and slow down track

3. PIck guitar sound and many other instruments as wel

4. Save to favorits

5. Make larger and smaller

Then have fun practicing

Of course you can find and load any GP-5 files as well,

Thanks Eddie. I just got an iPad last week. I had a look around at some guitar apps and noticed GuitarPro was there.

I'm working on changing the site so that the movies are all playable on mobile devices. It's great that the GuitarPro files can be opened on the iPad, iPhone and iPad Touch. I will download the app tonight and have a play around with it. I am not familiar with GuitarPro that's why I asked. Shame it's not available for Android devices. Maybe soon

Clancy

I had a play with somebody's Ipad with the Garage Band app on it the other day , very impressive and a lot of fun.Apparently it's not overly expensive either.

Edit

Realised I didn't answer the question , don't have an Ipad so no :smilinguitar:

I bought the GarageBand app. It was only 4.99. It is a lot of fun even for a non-musician.

I thought I read that you had an iPad Matt? No?

$4.99 amazing value, It looked like a very easy way to create backing tracks,look forward to hearing yours :winkthumb:

No Ipad Clancy , I bought a Kindle which I love,not a "fun" gadget but I doubt I will ever buy another paper book.

$4.99 amazing value, It looked like a very easy way to create backing tracks,look forward to hearing yours :winkthumb:

No Ipad Clancy , I bought a Kindle which I love,not a "fun" gadget but I doubt I will ever buy another paper book.

Hmm, maybe an iPhone then?

$4.99 is amazing value. I can't imagine anyone not enjoying it, whatever their age... as for me creating backing tracks, my talents don't extend to that I'm afraid.

Hmm, maybe an iPhone then?

$4.99 is amazing value. I can't imagine anyone not enjoying it, whatever their age... as for me creating backing tracks, my talents don't extend to that I'm afraid.

Yeah I do have an iPhone an oldie that's seen better days. I'll bet you could do a BT if you gave it a go,if you tap the help key on an Ipad at your place Kirk Lorange magically appears :winkthumb:

Clancy,

How do you like your ipad ? Love mine.

Now as to the truth in why I got it, I can see the bigger picture, never could see the screen on my phone, althought it is a little hard to get in my shirt pocket. laughingg.gif

I love it when we are taking trips. Hated bringing the Laptop. Works great, even got us through a strom on a road trip.

I am also using it for the music and lyrics.

I like it a lot too Eddie. It enables me to get out of my office more especially in the evenings. I still have to do most of my work on my laptop but I use the iPad to look into things first which takes up a lot of my time... there are some great educational apps available and Georgia just loves it. I can't imagine what will be around when she is my age! The mind boggles.

I have an android phone which I take everywhere. I check my email on that but I agree, the screen is too small to do much else on it, but it is useful. I haven't taken the iPad out of the house yet, but I only took my laptop with me on very rare occasions. When I'm out, I like to leave work at home. :)

Let me know if you find any neat apps that you think would be worth getting.

Clancy