gitarman

New Acoustic

gitarman    0

Well this is all new to me, in the past I learned a few parts of songs but that was all. So I bought a new acoustic guitar (Gibson J 45) and now I'm on my 6th lesson! Having a blast and I think I am progressing quite well (I'm afraid to ask my instructor how I'm doing!)

mset3    158

gitarman,

The Gibson J45 is a very nice acoustic guitar. Having a blast is the fun part of playing the guitar. Keep it up!

Mike

gitarman    0

Well guys, it's been a while now and I have to say that I am still taking lessons, not going as fast as I wished but I am getting to where I can play some songs all the way through! Learned some finger picking and now I am getting into slide playing... and as Paul Harvey used to say ... "And now the rest of the story!" I just ordered a new Gold Tone resonator guitar! You see, I just retired from my day job and I am a full time Custom Bamboo Flyrod maker! (been doing this since 1991!) this gives me more time with my wife, guitars and building flyrods! I am pretty excited about the whole thing!

Well that's the update!

Still alive and kickin'

Gitarman

mset3    158

Gitarman,

Congratulations on your retirement. You should have a lot of fun with your new Gold Tone Resonator Guitar when you're not making flyrods.I'm sure your Wife will also enjoy your retirement.

Mike

jimmyzowens    2

The nice thing about guitar is. The more you learn that faster you learn. Is a very compounded process. Like a snowball down a hill. Gets real fun and real out of hand FAST. lol. ;)