Alanbama

Trading Guitars

Alanbama    0

The Seagull has a high fret. The F# fret to be exact. During the time that I have had it, I have changed string brands 4 or 5 times and I thought I could hear a fret buzz. The neck relief is spot on. The action is high enough. But the High E string is buzzing. I took my fret checker (Stew Mac) and found the hight fret. I could file it but that might void my warranty. I'll call Musiciansbuy yet again to discuss a solution. ARG!!! :reallymad:

karcey    42

OK, I believe you, even if Six doesn't.

That doesn't qualify as your worst nightmare; in fact it's only a little warranty adjustment that can be put right in no time flat.

When that's fixed you'll still have the best guitar you could find, so don't lose heart.

And I think Six probably does believe you, he just doesn't want to admit it.

Alanbama    0

I know that it's not that bad. I was just dishearted. I have the files and can fix it in less than 30 minutes. I just shouldn't have to. I wonder if it would void my warranty if I fix it? And six, I'd never lie to YOU! :sweatdrop

Andy S    9

Utilize the warranty! I think you said it was purchased via internet. If there is a local Seagull dealer nearby, they can fix it and it's still covered. If not, then yeh, talk with the retailer yhou got it from. But, I wouldn't file it down. It may need to just be seated better. I would try using (if you have one) a fret pressing tool and just add a bit more pressure, especially if it's just that one spot. That would probably reseat it just enough and no worries of taping off the fretboard or scratching or fileing too far.

Just my thoughts. Good Luck!

karcey    42

They call that 'bonding'. It's more valuable to you because of the improvement you made to it personally. Now you can teach it heaps of music.

Alanbama    0

It must have been built on a bad day! It still has fret buzz. I have a low fret, I can't fix that, and another high fret. I'm getting a coastline CW Q1. It should arrive tomorrow. It has the slim neck too. Once again musiciansbuy has been awesome. Bob and I have become best friends. He really wants me to have a guitar that I'm happy with. I sure hope this is the one!

post-108370-0-90789000-1313512816.jpg

Alanbama    0

I got my Coastline CW Slim Q1 Yesterday (08/17/11), and I love it! The neck is just what I have been looking for. It's slim and fits my small hands just right! The sound is almost identical to the Artist. The difference I would suspect is the cutaway. But it sounds awesome! The fit and finish is great. I think I have finally found the one. I can't put it down!

post-108370-0-51088600-1313681640.jpg

post-108370-0-42844100-1313681668.jpg

post-108370-0-40854200-1313681703.jpg

post-108370-0-49688700-1313681727.jpg