Alanbama

Trading Guitars

Alanbama    0

Wow. It's a little difficult to get a new Seagull guitar right now because they shut down every summer for quite a while for vacation! I want to work there!!! Their guitars especially the Artist series aren't mass produced so it may be a little while before new ones show up.The guy at Musiciansbuy told me all this. I thought about swapping my Mosaic for one with electronics. He said that the factory would install the elctronics in a regular Mosaic and he would do an exchange for $178.00! That's not bad for a special order! As a matter of fact it's great! It would take around 3 weeks to get it. They build more nonelectronic versions than electronic ones I've decided to keep mine and get a pick-up, but those guys at Musiciansbuy are incredible! Their web site shows a Mosaic with electronics for $1049.99 I think. But if you call them they will sell much cheaper. They sell them for $877.00. These people are awesome! I urge you to do business with them. They really care that you are happy with your purchase and they carry many brands. Larrivee is one. 1-877-778-7845. I am a very satisfied customer. I love my seagull!

post-108370-0-49813500-1312231967.jpg

Alanbama    0

Well yet another trade is under way. I'm trading my seagull for a Yamaha apx700. Two reasons . I want a comfortable performing guitar and the neck on the seagull is just too big. I have small hands. The main reason, I'm trying to raise some money for my daughter and i'll be getting about $125.00 back. That'll help. Musiciansbuy had no problem at all with swapping the guitar and refunding my money. I should get the Yamaha Mon. or Tue. Then I'll have a box to ship the Artist in. I hope that you all will still talk to me even though I dont have an all solid wood guitar, :unsure: although the top is solid spruce. Thank you guys for all your help and support. :yes:

Alanbama    0

Well yet another trade is under way. I'm trading my seagull for a Yamaha apx700. Two reasons . I want a comfortable performing guitar and the neck on the seagull is just too big. I have small hands. The main reason, I'm trying to raise some money for my daughter and i'll be getting about $125.00 back. That'll help. Musiciansbuy had no problem at all with swapping the guitar and refunding my money. I should get the Yamaha Mon. or Tue. Then I'll have a box to ship the Artist in. I hope that you all will still talk to me even though I dont have an all solid wood guitar, :unsure: although the top is solid spruce. Thank you guys for all your help and support. :yes:

I'm getting the AXP 900 instead of the 700! Musiciansbuy gave me a great deal on one! They really do want you to be satisfied! Still Laminated B&S but it's figured maple! Spruce top of course. I don't feel as bad about looseing my Seagul now. They are even putting it in a bigger box so that I can ship the Seagull back. I found out that they're just a small shop that started internet sales. Great people. Talk to BOB. Tell him Alan sent you. He know's me by now.

eddiez152    129

Well good luck with your transitions. I am sure you will find the one that says I'm yours to you in time. Its great that they are also willing to work with you so well. Someday you will find the joy of a solid wood guitar.

Alanbama    0

You know. I don't think I will ever know what an aged guitar sounds like. I just can't keep one long enough! :brickwall: This is what I'm getting though. She is purdy. :D

post-108370-0-11846100-1312574212.jpg

karcey    42

Maybe I wasn't so clever when I started out. I never thought to swap or trade my guitars, I just kept buying in search of the right one. That's why I have well over a dozen and I'm still not sure I've found the one that's right for me.

I must say though, that Yamaha looks nice. Maybe I need one of those too!

Alanbama    0

Maybe I wasn't so clever when I started out. I never thought to swap or trade my guitars, I just kept buying in search of the right one. That's why I have well over a dozen and I'm still not sure I've found the one that's right for me.

I must say though, that Yamaha looks nice. Maybe I need one of those too!

Nows a good time. You can get them for $560.00 at Musiciansbuy.com. And everyone else is selling them for $699.00.

karcey    42

Nows a good time. You can get them for $560.00 at Musiciansbuy.com. And everyone else is selling them for $699.00.

Decisions, decisions. I just saw a Katoh classical/electric at a local shop. Less than a grand and really sounded well in the hands of the man. (They never sound that good in my hands.) Of course there's the invitation to go back and sit and play quietly by myself with no pressure. And they mean it! So I should. But what if I really don't need it? What if this is only an attack of GAS? Since I can't remember any GAS experience that's left me worse off, maybe I will go back and play it.

Well Alan, it might be up to you and me to keep the guitar manufacturing industry alive and well. I wish you well with your Yamaha, I can feel a Katoh coming on!

Alanbama    0

Well I got the guitar in on the 9th. I spent a little extra and got the APX 900. So far I'm really enjoying her! Slimmer neck thin body works very well for me. The 900 has a three way pickup system and it has so much adjustment, that I think with a little time you can get any sound you want. I've got a great acoustic tone coming out of the speakers already. And it doesn't sound bad at all unplugged. I am impressed with that, because I thought it would sound thin. Still laminate B&S but a solid top. It looks like the 700.

post-108370-0-28108900-1312997635.jpg

post-108370-0-74130400-1312997668.jpg

post-108370-0-14474200-1312997710.jpg

post-108370-0-11400000-1312997779.jpg

Alanbama    0

Some of you may ridicule me and some will say well I'm glad you made that decision. I'm keeping the Seagull and the 900 is going back. The Yamaha has some problems with some frets. Two are high, the g and g#. The high e and b buzz when played open. I took my short straight edge and found them. Side by side you can the see the amazing craftsmenship of the Artist Mosaic It's far better set up. Much better Bridge, fret and nut finish. And I really love it's sound. It's getting more comfortable in my hands as well. I had said before that the Seagull may be the one and I believe it is. Thanks guys.

karcey    42

Alan,

Can't see any reason to ridicule. Sounds like you've chosen a guitar using all of the available information, and that's exactly what we encourage everyone to do.

Of course, that doesn't stop you adding to your guitar collection any time in the future.

Enjoy your Seagull.

carol m    64

Finding a guitar you really like is not that easy, but when you find it, it doesn't matter who made it or anything else about it - congrats on finding one you really like.