allthumbs

new content?

Clancy    36

I changed it to be like that. It includes all updates not just the posts on the forum.

It now includes status updates, new uploads in the Photo Gallery, new uploads to the Members Videos section.

What is it that you prefer about the old results Karcy and Marty... or anyone else have any preferences?

Thanks for the feedback.

Clancy

karcey    42

Forgive me Clancy, I'm just getting old and find change burdensome.

There are times, particularly when I'm at work, when I have a quick check of the recent posts I'm interested in without even logging on. The old way made that possible.

The status posts, seem to be more social in nature, and I would only read them if I had time (meaning too much time) on my hands.

Before I started using the View New Content button I sometimes missed new posts; using it every time I log in has filtered the posts allowing a speedy visit.

There you are, I've said it. And there's not much to complain about really. I'll get used to it, and I certainly won't argue about the way you manage the whole site.

Clancy    36

It's fine karcy, nothing to forgive at all. I like to get feedback on changes I've made. It helps me out otherwise I'm kind of flying blind.

I have put the "View New content" link back up for those who like that better and I've also moved the "Forum Rules" link and put the "News Feed" link next to the "View New Content" link. That way, you have a choice.

Also, for anyone who is interested in getting more (or less) showing in their News Feed. You can set what you would like to appear in your News Feed by personalizing it.

To do this, simply select your - My settings link - then go over to the News Feed tab and then select what you would like to see. For example, you can chose to show updates on new member signups, avatar changes, signature changes and a whole bunch of other things that you may or may not find interesting. Just select the ones you want.

This as far as I know will only apply to the main News Feed not the sidebar News Feed.

Clancy

Clancy    36

Thanks karcey... and you're very welcome... and thank YOU for the time you put in generously helping members here on the forum.

Clancy

mattz196    15

Best of both worlds with that solution Clancy. Can't tell you how many times I have accidentally clicked the forum rules link instead of new content one in the past . :cowboy:

carol m    64

Well well, I learn something every day - I've never noticed those buttons before - if I want to see what's happening on site, I go to bottom near the members online and click on New Content.

But mostly I know more or less what's going on because I've set my email alerts for immediate notifications from all forums so I get a heads-up into my offline email account ,which is where I mostly hang out (or revisit frequently during the day) if I'm not actually here at GFB.

Also, I'm curious to know if everyone logs in each time they come here - I never have to log in because I get here directly from a link in my Firefox bookmark toolbar direct to the Forum page. Why wouldn't everyone do this - it cuts out several steps to get to where the action is. Or am I missing something by doing this?

Andy S    9

Clancy,

Seems I am still having a problem with the "View new Content" link. When I click on it, the page turns and displays "Sorry, no new content found." I think I have checked all the right settings. This started last week on my laptop. I thought it was something to do with that, but it happens on any computer I use.

Any idea or thoughts?

Andy S    9

ARGH! nevermind! just noticed that the settings on teh left side...at the bottom , "other" was set for "items I follow" and right now I'm not following anything. nevermind! Doh!!