JessThrasher

A nice Craigslist find

JessThrasher    10

Here's my new "Craigslist score" for $260 CAD (had to bargain a bit with him). The tribal sticker was already on it before I got it (but I like it, so it's staying on). Definately needs some new strings as well as a cleanup on the fretboard. I was already tuned to dropped C when I got it, but I'm trying to decide whether I should retune it or leave it. I'm not sure of the exact model, but I think it's a DXMG? It says "Made in Japan" on the back. The pickups are "Duncan Designed" and the bridge is "Floyd Rose Licensed". A friend told me it's a 90's model, but I'm not quite sure.

post-15162-0-00789700-1310344932_thumb.jpg

carol m    64

Very nice Jess - I'm sure it will suit your dark good looks - and be nice to play as well. :) We expect a recording as a sound test soon!

JessThrasher    10

I just plugged it in afew minutes ago to try it out. Man, does this thing shred! :leadguitar:

Unfortunately, my camera got stolen so I won't be able to record a sound test. I might record a song with it as soon as I get a new camera though.

boroboy41    1

Ooo that's a thing of beauty and a worthy replacement for the RG370 (sorry to hear about your misfortune btw). That tribal sticker looks pretty cool too..

Looks like you've got yourself one of the earlier DK2's which were made in Japan, had Duncan Designed PUPs (H-S-S config) and a licensed FR trem, the DXMG is a twin bucker guitar. I think the model and year of manufacture is stamped on the body in the trem cavity so might be worth taking a peek when your cleaning it up. Its probably an early 2000's model.

Happy shredding!!!

JessThrasher    10

I just finished cleaning it a few minutes ago. The previous owner didn't take good care of it so that means more work for me.

I also got some new strings on it and now I'm just waiting for them to settle in.

JessThrasher    10

Another thing that got stolen was my sticker'ed case if you remember it. I had been collecting those stickers over the 2 years I've had that case for. Oh well, I guess it I'm going to start a new one when I get a case for it.

Don't know if I'm allowed to ask this here (feel free to remove otherwise), but if any of you have got any stickers of bands, music gear manufacturers etc that you don't want, send me a message.