JessThrasher

My beautiful toys...Are now gone!

Yep, somebody kicked down the door of my house this afternoon and left with over $1000 worth of property. There has definately been an increase in crime in my neighbourhood, but why us? In that $1000 + worth of property were my 2 Ibanezs, 3 digital cameras and 1 digital camcorder, my iPod Nano, my aunt's iPhone 4, a laptop, a couple of computer games, a couple pairs of earrings and a few necklaces, along with many other odds and ends.

I'm already overwhelmed enough with family problems at the moment and now THIS happens... What next? Sorry to rant, but the good news is, when the insurance claims come back, I will be picking up some new musical toys. More good news: amp, Digitech GNX3, and PC have not been stolen.

That's awful Jess - thinking of the insurance and the possibilities of new toys is a good positive way to deal with it, but I'm sure it's not so easy to do. We do get attached to our 'stuff' and it's a real violation of your lives to have this happen. I got broken into once, and the worst thing was knowing that some scumbag had been prying through all our personal possessions and helping himself - (I'm assuming it was a man, only because that's mostly the case). Keep in touch.

We just managed to get most of the house cleaned up as the thief seemed to really have ravaged through everything. The police investigations unit came and checked everything for things like fingerprints, hair etc. No trace of evidence found on all items tested. Perhaps the theif was wearing gloves?

A funny thing is, he ripped open some of those Chinese "lucky envelopes" (called lai see) only to realize they were empty, so he just left them lying around the floor. Tradition says that

You know Jess, people say that these kind of experiences are what builds character. Well I reckon we could quite well do without a character the size of the universe. The creeps who steal other peoples stuff don't have characters anyway.

I feel for you and look forward to reading the post from you telling us that you've bought some new toys.

Take care.

Sorry for your losses, Scumbag(s) saw an opportunity and took it.

What next?

Sometimes they come back, they expect things to be replaced (via insurance) with brand new toys and thus an even better grab (easier to get rid of)

The real crime is the trauma caused to the victim. The things stolen are nothing in comparison. I am sorry for what your family has experienced, and wish you well.

sorry to hear that i have simmilar problem some one tryed to break in to my house 3 times in the last month we had the police out yesterday they didnt even finger print anywhere they said there was no point untill we got robbed. :brickwall:

A bit of an update here.

They have caught the person who did this to our house. We don't know how much stolen property was recovered but we probably will find out soon. For now, I guess I will just keep checking around in pawnshops and such to see if any of it has turned up there.

Even if you don't get all your stuff back at least you'll know the slimebag failed this time. Maybe some time in the big house might teach him to respect other people's houses, but then again it may not.

Another little update here.

As you know, they were unable to recover any of the stolen property as it probably has already been sold off or given away. However, I just found myself a good deal on a used Jackson which I am going to be picking up today. I'll have to use my phone to take the pictuers when I get back, as you remember, my cameras got stolen too.

Time for some good news.

I got a phone call this evening from someone who had bought both of my stolen guitars with the case and all the accessories. The person that he bought the stolen property from didn't even bother to erase my name/phone number from the back of the guitar/inside of the case. He didn't feel bad about giving it back, as he's a guitar player himself and knows how it feel to have your favourite instruments stolen.

Advice to all: putting your name/phone number on valueables (like guitars!) is definately helpful!

That is amazing and also brilliant! What luck and what a great guy to return it to you - we need him as a member! Sometimes luck comes in unexpected ways - I'm very happy for you. :clap: :clap: :clap:

• Like 1