mattz196

IPhone Multitrack Recording App

mattz196    15

Thought others with an iphone may find this app useful for quick and really not that dirty recording .

Sure there are probably a stack of these recording apps ,I have found this one to be be quick and easy to use(very quick to delete a dud run through too). I find it quite useful and a little scary at times to easily record something I'm trying to get under the fingers and get and idea of what it really sounds like, a good learners tool.

Here's the the link to the developers blog Recorder Blog its free and multitrack.

Here's a quick and slight dirty recording I made with it, played on an old guitar with dud strings I keep at work.

Test recording

Clancy    36

That looks pretty cool Matt. There are some great apps out there aren't there? I have an android phone and am a bit of an app junkie but I'm trying to keep that under control... but if anyone has any good apps they'd like to suggest, I'm all ears.

Clancy

mattz196    15

That looks pretty cool Matt. There are some great apps out there aren't there? I have an android phone and am a bit of an app junkie but I'm trying to keep that under control... but if anyone has any good apps they'd like to suggest, I'm all ears.

Clancy

App junkie hey, sounds to me as though you should be advising us re good apps not the other way around, only app I really use all the time is a guitar tuner and that's only because I forget where I left the real one :wheelchai

Please post your top ten, or perhaps in your case top 100 :winkthumb:

Mattz,

That sounded pretty darn good. Amazing little tool and app.

I'm really surprised by the sound quality you can get from what must be a very small mic Eddie.

scotty_b    16

I understand completely Clancy!

I bought an iPad recently and it is very tempting to check out everything I come across!

A few really good apps I have found are Onsong and Set List Maker.

I'm using the iPad at gigs where I use charts - having transferred around 500 of my jazz charts and lead sheets for some of the singers I work for. And I bought an iKlip to mount the iPad to my mic stand, so can have everything at my fingertips.

Awesome stuff.