Stu74

My 1st acoustic guitar

Stu74    35

I have been learning to play guitar for a few months now using a 2nd hand electric behringer.I thinks it is a great guitar and love practicing some of my favourite guitar solos and intros.

Strumming chords has proved difficult for me although i am getting quicker and more acurate at changing chords.I decided to buy an acoustic guitar for practicing strumming chords and playing my favourite songs.

After reading reviews and looking around a few music shops i have decided to buy a Yamaha f310.The guitar is in my budget at £116.00 for a package inc stand,strap,tuner etc and has got great reviews.Cant wait for it to arrive it should be delivered on monday fingers crossed.

karcey    42

Most comments I hear are that Yamaha make good value beginners guitars. I don't think there's a problem with their more advanced guitars either. Let us know how you feel about it after it arrives.

carol m    64

I'm sure it will be fine, Stu. I sympathise with your strumming difficulty - most people seem to say that strumming is easy - much easier than fingerstyle, but I don't find it so. But you will get good at it with practice, so don't give up on it. And tell us how you get on with your new guitar.

Stu74    35

Thanks guys i will let you know what i think of the guitar when it arrives.

I have been strumming chords most of the day my fingers are a bit sore.No pain no gain i suppose.

Stu74    35

My new guitar came this morning.I have to say i am chuffed with the quality of the finish.It sounds great and a lot louder than i expected.I am used to sitting in the lounge playing my electric guitar unplugged.I wonder how long it will take before my wife hits me over the head with it.

The package i got was a bargain and the guitar is better quality than most of the ones i have looked at for around £100 in the shops.I wouldnt recomend buying the yamaha yt100 tuner though.It was taking me ages to tune my new guitar so i ended up using a tuner app that i have on my i

phone.The yt100 tuner was in with the package and i wasnt to botherd about it anyway.The stand and case are of good quality.

karcey    42

That's the news we wanted to hear. Shame about the tuner; some are trickier to use than others.

Now you'll have to find a spot where you won't feel inhibited about playing out loud. (Our American cousins seem to prefer a woodshed.)

Good luck with your progress and keep in touch.