- - - - -

Listen to your heart when buying a new axe

3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ash

• Active Members
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 25-May 11

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:47 PM

This is my first real post on this site and his firmly aimed at the absolute beginner guitarist,do"s and donts so to speak,im a newby guitarist myself but have been playing bass for a few years and this info is priceless (Guitar or Bass)it really doesn"t matter.

When you join a guitar forum dont get sucked in by the gear snobs,trust me you will get them,dont listen to a word they say,think for yourself regarding what guitar you want to buy, we all cant afford Fenders,Ibanez,etc etc.

Go to your local music store and try out as many guitars as you want,the salesperson will let you do whatever you want,if they dont then walk away and shop elsewhere,its your hard earned money,i did this myself years ago when i was shopping for my first Bass, ive owned Fenders,Ibanez,Squiers,Rickenbacker,Yamaha basses etc etc and in all honesty the best bass i ever had was my dirt cheap Yamaha BBN4, i really miss that bass.

#2 ONLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 9,875 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:04 PM

Welcome to the forum and your first post. I thought we trusted our ears , hearts easily get broken. Posted Image
Nothin sweeter than the sound of music comin out of a 6 string box - EZ me Music / ASCAP "Music is a social act of communication, a gesture of friendship,the strongest there is"-Malcolm Arnold

#3 OFFLINE   solidwalnut

Moderator | Lesson Contributor

• Lesson Contributors

• 2,098 posts
  • Joined 12-October 06

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:01 PM

View Posteddiez152, on 26 May 2011 - 03:04 PM, said:

Welcome to the forum and your first post. I thought we trusted our ears , hearts easily get broken. Posted Image
Welcome, ash.

Hey Eddie, this sounds like a great theme for a lyric.
Steve Cass
Solid Walnut Music/ASCAP

Becoming a great guitarist has less to do with fancy moves than it does becoming a master of the basics and learning musicianship.
It's not what you can't do. It's how you play what you already know.

View my lessons here at GfB&B

"Rhythm guitar is a trip that alot of people miss" -- Tom Petty

#4 ONLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 9,875 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:50 AM

Steve,
I think your right Posted Image
Nothin sweeter than the sound of music comin out of a 6 string box - EZ me Music / ASCAP "Music is a social act of communication, a gesture of friendship,the strongest there is"-Malcolm Arnold

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users