powe6563

Latency sucks!

powe6563    0

I recently started fiddling around with Kristal after being an all Audacity guy since I started recording. I like that I can use way better effect plugins with Kristal, but they have 1/2 to 1 whole second delay/latency. Anyone know of a VST plugin that kills the delay or maybe another way around it?

powe6563    0
ASIO4ALL... Do a search for it, it will take care of your latency issues...!!! Free download...!!! :o)

I downloaded and installed it, is there anything I need to do or will it just work next time I run kristal?

nocat    0

Find the ASIO control panel and Set the lowest latency you can get without hearing

crackles in the sound, and you should be good to go... Oh, make sure Kristal is set up

to use ASIO instead of DX or MMW or some other thing...!!!

Cheers

Ben

powe6563    0

I cant seem to get it to work what am i doing wrong? I set Kristal to use asio but the latency hasn't changed. I cant find a asio settings changer in kristal, and I don't know what to change in the asio off line settings to make a difference.:brickwall:

nocat    0

Hey Bro! I'm not familiar with Kristal, but there should be a menu somewhere that lets

you configure your device settings, probably in the same place where you set it to use ASIO... Also, check in your control panel for an asio4all config icon... I'll look around on the net to see if I can find some info for you.... Be back...!!!

nocat    0

I just read the FAQ for asio4all and the only thing I found was this:

use the "ASIO Control Panel" button from inside your audio application in order to adjust the driver settings

Apparently there should be a way to get to the asio control panel from within Kristal...

Tekker    1

Hey powe,

I don't know if you've got it straightened out yet, but there is a quick tutorial on setting up ASIO drivers in Kristal here:

If you did not disable your other drivers, then you may still be using them instead of the ASIO drivers.

-tkr