X4StringDrive

'Rain' another vid BT

I've spent a happy half hour with this (another) great practice vid. At half speed, it's ok for me except for the Bm half bars between a variety of other chords - great practice. l expect it might be a year before I can do this smoothly and cleanly at full speed, but these chord changing practice vids are exactly what I need because normally I mostly play fingerstyle. Thanks for doing this Kenny, it's appreciated.

nice backing track X4StringDrive i've just spent the last hour practising my scales with it thanks for posting it.I've just realised ive been playing scales up and down and different patterns when i would have been better with a good backing track and actually learning the notes. :salute:

Glad you found it of use MM :)...If you haven't yet, I suggest looking into Kirks 'Plane Talk'...It definitely will show you an alternative to relying on scales alone, it's quite simple, once you grasp the jist of it...

it's all about the melody and the chordal tones... :winkthumb:

Thanks again for the compliment...Keep on making music!!! :smilinguitar:

Glad you found it of use MM :)...If you haven't yet, I suggest looking into Kirks 'Plane Talk'...It definitely will show you an alternative to relying on scales alone, it's quite simple, once you grasp the jist of it...

it's all about the melody and the chordal tones... :winkthumb:

Thanks again for the compliment...Keep on making music!!! :smilinguitar:

:thumbup1: yes i will get plane talk in the future but i've just got into improvising so i'm planing on making the most of the backing tracks on site for a while as they seem to explain what chords are used, especially your video tracks are easier for me to follow for starting out.

Hey Kenny - get on over to your University Song thread and help me out with some rhymes!! Your Uni needs you - not me of course, personally I couldn't give a toss.....:winkthumb:

For any newer members - don't worry, he knows I'm teasing him - there's a long tradition.