Community

8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mattz196

Grand Member

• Active Members

• 2,518 posts
  • Joined 31-July 06

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:53 AM

What a nice ring that has about it , sums up my feelings about the place . Nice turn of phrase Clancy and Kirk.

Edit
But I do hate that "you made a typo idiot and had to correct it Wally" edit message that makes it obvious that you did just that :winkthumb:

Edited by mattz196, 25 March 2011 - 06:20 AM.

What's Rangoon to you is Grafton to me

#2 ONLINE   6string

• Active Members
  • 3,924 posts
  • Joined 31-July 04

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:41 PM

Oh, there's an edit feature? :escape:

Edited by 6string, 25 March 2011 - 05:45 PM.

Deja Moo: The feeling that you’ve heard this bull before.

#3 OFFLINE   X4StringDrive

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 6,356 posts
  • Joined 04-March 07

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:37 AM

View Post6string, on 25 March 2011 - 05:41 PM, said:

Oh, there's an edit feature? :escape:

LOL

I'm such a wally has become my new favorite saying :laughingg:

Edited by X4StringDrive, 26 March 2011 - 12:38 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   carol m

Songwriting Moderator

• Moderators

• 7,228 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:03 AM

Bad luck Matt - us Mods can edit and skiddadle and no one knows we've even been there. :laughingg: :P
One good thing about music is that when it hits you, you feel no pain - Bob Marley

#5 OFFLINE   Clancy

Administrator

• Admin

• 3,468 posts
  • Joined 17-October 05

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:51 PM

Ok, ok Matt, I wouldn't want you to continue feeling like a wally so I've enabled the option to "Show 'Edit by' line" or not. I've also upped the edit limit time from 30 minutes to an hour.

You'll notice that the forum has the "Community Guitar for Beginners and Beyond" header but the general part of the site now has "Kirk Lorange's Guitar for Beginners and Beyond" header. This is because we are trying to make it more obvious that they are in fact two separate sections.

The reason we didn't call this the forum is that it is a community. I think most members would see it that way.

We will be making some more changes coming up. In fact I'm working on a upgrade right now which I should be implementing this week or next. It's not huge and we expect no real downtime. Fingers crossed.

Clancy
I said, "I do not fear those pants with nobody inside them." I said, and said, and said those words. I said them but I lied them. ~ Dr. Seuss

#6 OFFLINE   mattz196

Grand Member

• Active Members

• 2,518 posts
  • Joined 31-July 06

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:28 PM

What can I say I'm touched that you'd do this for me :smile: , thank you Clancy , perhaps I could also try reading what I've typed before hitting the post button.
Good luck with the changes.
Cheers
Wally

#7 OFFLINE   Clancy

Administrator

• Admin

• 3,468 posts
  • Joined 17-October 05

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:48 PM

Just remember Matt, even if you edit and someone is subscribed to the the topic, they will still get the original post that your wrote... not the edited version... I wonder if Carol knows that... hehe
I said, "I do not fear those pants with nobody inside them." I said, and said, and said those words. I said them but I lied them. ~ Dr. Seuss

#8 OFFLINE   mattz196

Grand Member

• Active Members

• 2,518 posts
  • Joined 31-July 06

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:47 PM

Clancy that's a real pity 'cause I think I may have overstepped the mark in this thread http://www.guitarfor...593#entry766593 , Oh well I suppose I'll have to live with the consequences. :laughingg:

#9 OFFLINE   carol m

Songwriting Moderator

• Moderators

• 7,228 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:07 AM

View PostClancy, on 26 March 2011 - 08:48 PM, said:

Just remember Matt, even if you edit and someone is subscribed to the the topic, they will still get the original post that your wrote... not the edited version... I wonder if Carol knows that... hehe

I do know that, and.... I don't care! :guitardude: And I don't feel like a Wally either, it's called being flexible and adaptable and being happy with not being perfect :innocent: - better to edit than let a typo go through - we all do them - so what?

Edit: And.... sometimes that aha! moment comes just after you've posted...or not.

Edit 2: That's weird, my reason for editing didn't show - now I see I have to check the box.

Edited by carol m, 27 March 2011 - 01:11 AM.
had more inspiration after posting

One good thing about music is that when it hits you, you feel no pain - Bob Marley

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users