Yeah I know I haven't participated much lately, financial problems {probably could include mental ones as well...lol} have

set me on my kiester, anyways I haven't given up the farm yet and I'm still knee deep in wanting to progress. So even though

I've been forced to part with most of my toys for the time being, I still have my PC programs to keep me breathing. One of my apps is

a screen capture program, and I've used it to put these video chord progression BT's together that I made using B.I.A.B {BAND IN A BOX}...hope

some find them useful.

Each numbered section represents one bar, a blank bar is just a continuation of the preceding chord.

Pay attention to the repeat symbols...and the last 2 bars shown are only played at the end of the song.

Also pay no additional attention to the colored boxes or the chord{s} in red , those are related to the composing/editing in b.i.a.b.

Sorry about the poor quality, these were compressed 3 times trying to get them smaller in size :brickwall: ...but they'll serve the purpose...I hope :dunno:

Keys...

Blues - G

Easy Rock - C

Waltz - C

Blues.wmv

Easy Rock.wmv

Country style Waltz.wmv

EDIT: After looking again, the repeats are hard to see...just follow the highlited black bar, you'll see :winkthumb:

Edited by X4StringDrive

:thumbup1: nice one..........

i like the "easy rock" one, in D tho is it not??

hope your financial situation gets better, i know how it feels, i've not been able to get work for too long now :no:

Paul.......

... in D tho is it not??

Take this with a grain of salt, as I've been wrong a couple of times before :whistling ....million times that is :winkthumb:

But using the 'Whole Step' 'Half Step' Thingymabob...

The basic chords in the key of C Major...

C Major, D Minor, E Minor, F major, G Major, A Minor & B Dim

^....I.............ii.........iii.............IV...........V............vi..........vii*}---{{^=corresponding to above-Caps=Maj/Whole steps, lowercase=Minor/Half steps, *=Dim}}

Then there's also...

Extended chords...

7th chords

CMaj7, Dm7, Em7, FMaj7, G7, Am7

9th chords

CMaj9, Dm9, FMaj9, Am9, G9

Hope I'm right & that this helps :thumbup1:

Edited by X4StringDrive

Ha, Paul! I'm with Kenny on this one, but I've been known to be wrong as well. I do like a nice discussion with differing views. :)

Kenny: I played along with your videos - I like how you can see what's coming up and it's not just sprung on you - more user friendly for my old brain. Thanks.

The mp3's have gone straight to the pool room - you need to watch 'The Castle' - a funny Aussie film from about 15 years ago to understand the reference - it means that the item is highly prized.

Thanks Kenny thats my sort of progression, one where I can see whats happening .

Slap me(twice) but I have to agree with Carol this time The Castle is a classic.

I know nuthin' but classic rock sort of sounded G like to me :walkman:

lol yeah :winkthumb: .... was more a question on my part :dunno: i'm not too good with the theory side of things :no:

i'm goin to have a wee shot at the "easy rock" one......i'll post something......i'll play by ear tho...so could be in any key.....lol

Paul............

;) Well golly G it's natural to C that D bt's I create are mystic..Eye hope this won't D minish my reputation any worse than it is!

Eye B leave accidental's happen, and without any staff it seems natural, that one could fall flat on his minor attempts at bringing

some key harmony to this sharp ensemble... Oh Kay Eyem off to the pub to score a cold one & rest my case while I try and compose myself :laughingg:

Carol, Matt...from looking at some Utube clips, that does look like a great flick, will have to grab that one sometime...

brought back some memories from my younger days when I lived in a rental next to an airport...that was an hilarious time as well :winkthumb:

Paul, I'm looking forward to seeing how the key turns for you and what you unlock from it :thumbup1:

waaaah, waaah! Great sound you've got going there Paul - not sure if I'm supposed to but it made me smile to listen to your sound. :)

had a wee shot at "Easy Rock" with my homemade lapsteel....a touch out of tune.....or maybe off key...lol ;)Easy_Rock....mp3Paul..............

That sounded fantastic Paul, what a sound , too cool.

Hey Matt! You rock! Yes, that's a compliment. :D:winner:

Your the best Carol :smile: :smile: :smile: Thanks

That sounded fantastic Paul, what a sound , too cool.

Your the best Carol :smile: :smile: :smile: Thanks

Thanks Matt - cheque's in the mail (gee this is getting expensive :( )

Dusted of my Strat and took a shot at Kenny's blues BT just for the fun of it,afraid for your sakes I have no real idea what I'm doing and my lines are pretty repetitive.

Cheers Matt

:smilinguitar: nice one Matt :thumbup1: nice tone....did you go thru an amp or a sim?

Paul.......

Thanks Kenny , and big thanks again for putting these together :thumbup: , I have really had a lot fun playing over them .

It's been a nice way to spend a lazy Sunday after a big Saturday night :winkthumb:

Had a go at Country Waltz on the acoustic.

cwaltmatt.mp3