eyesofmagic    0

Alright. So I don't have a guitar right now but am in the process of building one. I'm building a strat style but need help with the body color. So I'm getting this loaded pickguard tonight, it's pearl, obviously. I don't know what color would look good with it. I was thinking white or maybe a certain blue. Any help would be great. If you can post some pics or links to help show me the color combination, that'd be great. Thanks people!

post-105317-081278700 1300843187_thumb.jpg

karcey    42

G'day Eyes, Welcome to the forum.

I've read your post a few times, and I have two suggestions.

1. Ask your question again, but this time ask if anyone can think of a colour that wouldn't look good on a strat with a pearl pickguard, instead of the other way around. The number of possible replies will be far more manageable.

2. If you are really at the point of choosing paint, and can't decide, then close your eyes for a minute and visualise the guitar you've been dreaming of building for so long. Then paint it that colour, because at the end of the day, there's only one person it has to please.

Keep in touch.

carol m    64

I agree, it depends entirely on what colour you like - I can't think of any colour that wouldn't look good, but I'd still prefer some colours over others - it's personal preference.

GotDeeBlues    3

Another thing I think should be considered is the neck and head piece. A natural maple neck or one with ebony or rosewood fretboards will also affect the overall appearance, as will a natural or body-matching headstock. The good news is that there are a million combinations, the bad news is that since it's your project, you have to pick one that works for you.

sheraton    20

How'do Eyes :thumbup1: .........as before depends on your taste.......i'm not keen on the pearl pickguards, but they do look good on a gold flake/sparkle paintjob....to my eyes at least :)

Paul.........