- - - - -

lookin for a female

11 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   sheraton

• Active Members
  • 1,264 posts
  • Joined 22-August 09

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:55 PM

i'm going to do a couple of "Mark Knopfler" versions......any females fancy singin the "Emmylou Harris" bits on "Beachcombing" from the album they done together "All The Roadrunning"........or any of the other tracks if preffered....

don't be shy......it's all good :yes:

Paul..........

i can record a quick idea of the track with me singin both parts, to give an idea of how the sound will be.....not tryin to do an exact cover of the original, but not trying to make it different.....if that makes any sense

Paul..............

#2 ONLINE   sheraton

• Active Members
  • 1,264 posts
  • Joined 22-August 09

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:05 PM

i recorded a quick run through of "Beachcombing".......just two guitar tracks, the main vocal and the backin vocal.....oh aye, i'm missing a string on my guitar so it doesn't sound right on the intro and the same part through the song.....i may be missing a chord or something......i'll sort that out tho......just a quick take for now......see if anybody takes the bait...lol :winkthumb:

Attached File  Beachcombing ruff take.mp3   8.67MB   20 downloads

Paul..........

#3 OFFLINE   carol m

Songwriting Moderator

• Moderators

• 7,225 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:13 PM

I'm in! I'm no emmylou though - are you good at dealing with disappointment?
One good thing about music is that when it hits you, you feel no pain - Bob Marley

#4 ONLINE   sheraton

• Active Members
  • 1,264 posts
  • Joined 22-August 09

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:44 PM

:thumbup1: nice one Carol........i'm no Knopfler either, but it's all good fun :yes:

i'll get some new guitar strings and get a track done for you to play with :guitardude: you could record some guitar too if you like :smilinguitar: ............see what happens :D

Paul...........

#5 OFFLINE   carol m

Songwriting Moderator

• Moderators

• 7,225 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:54 PM

I don't think I'll add any guitar, I think it's best to only embarrass myself one skill at a time. See? I have at least some sense of social responsibility.
One good thing about music is that when it hits you, you feel no pain - Bob Marley

#6 OFFLINE   mattz196

Grand Member

• Active Members

• 2,518 posts
  • Joined 31-July 06

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:25 PM

Though I'd clicked the wrong bookmark for a second there and had ended up on the dating site. :winkthumb:

You'll be great Carol , look forward to hearing your dulcet tones.
What's Rangoon to you is Grafton to me

#7 OFFLINE   carol m

Songwriting Moderator

• Moderators

• 7,225 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:28 PM

View Postmattz196, on 03 March 2011 - 07:25 PM, said:

, look forward to hearing your dulcet tones.

Slow learner. :rolleyes:

#8 OFFLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 9,879 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:19 PM

Sheraton,
Very nice, love Knopfler's stuff. Im working on the All the Road Running
Nothin sweeter than the sound of music comin out of a 6 string box - EZ me Music / ASCAP "Music is a social act of communication, a gesture of friendship,the strongest there is"-Malcolm Arnold

#9 ONLINE   sheraton

• Active Members
  • 1,264 posts
  • Joined 22-August 09

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:44 PM

View Posteddiez152, on 03 March 2011 - 09:19 PM, said:

Sheraton,
Very nice, love Knopfler's stuff. Im working on the All the Road Running

:thumbup1: Look forward to hearing that one Eddie :smilinguitar:

Carol i done a quick take in a lower key, down a full tone.....i think....lol.....down 2 frets
still missing a string so it's still ruff take...
see which key out of the two you prefer :smile:

also which file type would be best for you to record......... wav file any good???

Attached File  beachcombing A# ruff take.mp3   8.31MB   8 downloads

Paul............

#10 OFFLINE   carol m

Songwriting Moderator

• Moderators

• 7,225 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:05 PM

Ha! You are really in your boots with this one - I thought your first take was already below where you usually sing and you probably weren't particularly happy with the key even before you lowered it - your high harmony was impressive though. Mark Knopfler always sings lower than most, which means any harmony or even singing along for me has to be an octave higher - I can do it, but this one is better. If you want to do a version in the original key I'll have a go at that too - if you can do it I'm sure I can do it too.

Don't worry about the wav unless you want it for the sound quality - I can easily convert from your mp3 to wav to do my recording bits.

#11 ONLINE   sheraton

• Active Members
  • 1,264 posts
  • Joined 22-August 09

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:03 PM

oh aye! low down for sure........a bit off pitch too...lol....still it leaves room for improvement.

the reason i mentioned wav, is i can give you two wav files one with the backin and one with the vocals, when you open both in whatever recording software you have they will sync up and this will allow you to adjust the vocal level and the backing level seperately.......

Paul........

#12 OFFLINE   carol m

Songwriting Moderator

• Moderators

• 7,225 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:12 PM

View Postsheraton, on 06 March 2011 - 07:03 PM, said:

oh aye! low down for sure.......
Paul........

Such a gent! Check your Messages for incoming.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users