hearinvoices

lyrics needing a heavy guitar sound

Okay ill give it a shot . Yes u did hear some audio background i didnt use headphones cause i was just practicing and really didnt expect much from it . So when doing the chorus do you want me to do it with the same style just lower pitch ? Who would have thought id ever be trying to sing lol !

Hey Johnny........i'm not sure the chorus will actually be lower pitch, but just keepin the feel of the verse maybe...not sure......just getting the verse chorus to flow like one vocal....if that makes sense.....i know you were just practisin with it and the verse and chorus where recorded seperate, so you know i'm not being critical, just tryin to give you some feedback to help you to pull this one together :winkthumb: .........i'm sure this one can sound real good :yes:

i think you've got a good voice.......given some time and practise and you'll get more confident with it, i think with singin, from your own perspective, you just have to get past that initial cringe factor of hearing yourself, i'm sure most people have that initially, i certainly did, but i'm learning to just get over that self consciousness, and try to sing more confidently.......you will never hear your own voice as others do.....it's like if you have ever been caught on video camera and you hear yourself talk, you think is that how i sound? doesn't even sound like me, but everyone else just hears you as you always sound......

Paul............

Be as critical as you want paul .... i dont take it the wrong way . i need all the help i can get !!! What i was going for was to try to make the verse sound a little different with that kinda singin into a tin can distortion sound and then trying to make the chorus pop . The problem is getting the chorus to pop ! I need it to be more meaty and gritty but not sure if i can do that ! Im at work and downloaded this from my phone and listened to it thru my headphones and it sounded a whole lot better thru my headphones than thru my speakers at home ..... Why is that ? I really liked the way that first verse sounded thru my head phones !

hmmmm not sure depends on you set up........crap speakers and good headphones maybe :dunno: ......lol

i wouldn't worry too much about getting the chorus to pop......if i add a backin vocal to the chorus that should help.....hopefully......also i'd say that "this is not the way it's supposed to be....etc" is kinda like a pre chorus and "i'm burning it burning it burning it down" is the peak??....maybe even double up your vocal on the chorus for a slight lift......in my mind this song really needs the multiple vocal to get the right effect......

Paul..............

It's good to see how you guys are working on this song - go Johnny!! and you have Paul in your back pocket - can't fail! :punk:

Paul, I just listened to your 'heavy riff' - that is one hell-uva backing track - unbelievable! Did you use a digital drum machine? Surely you didn't make the drum track by bashing your kitchen utensils! I'm speechless actually - and that's not easily done. :D

ha ha ha ............cheers Carol....i'd love to say it was pots and pans.....but no it's the built in rhythm guide (drum track) on my Boss 8 track

Johnny ...........i kinda forgot about this one.....and a few others i'm sure lol.......this one needs reviving (? spelling) tho

it's got potential fo shizzle :yes:

i'll see if i get a chance/time to get the feel for it, and try and re record the music track........see if you get a vibe for your vocals :punk:

Paul...............