It's hard to mend a heart made of stone

You drew me in with your innocent eyes

and knocked me down with all your bull*#!% lies

(chorus)

This is not the way its supposed to be

I can't just sit here and watch it bleed

Gonna strike the match and set myself free

light the fire and watch it breath

I'm burning it .... burning it.... Burning it DOWN ....

Just a rough idea ... was thinking it should be a heavy riff but I've been wrong before lol. It's not polished I just had the idea in my head and jotted it down real quick to see if maybe it had any validity . Any suggestions ? Any takers ?

Johnny

:punk: i'll give it a bash......see what happens........did you have a band in mind for the style...i.e classic metal - Black Sabbath...or something more modern - Black label society maybe:dunno: not sure it'll make much difference as my metal playing is a bit limited.... lol

Paul...........

:punk: i'll give it a bash......see what happens........did you have a band in mind for the style...i.e classic metal - Black Sabbath...or something more modern - Black label society maybe:dunno: not sure it'll make much difference as my metal playing is a bit limited.... lol

Paul...........

hey Johnny...........do you mind if i change the first line a wee bit?.....

You can't make a stand until you stop running from the truth

to this

You can't make a stand until you face the truth

for timin/rhythm sake

Yea paul as always any changes u need to make are fine . I was thinking along the lines of Seether , Mudvayne , Drowning pool , when i was writing but its your take so whatever you feel works for me ! Turn that anger into some heavy guitar !!!! Lol I have some rough ideas in my head on guitar parts but been working so much i havent had time mess with it . Cant wait to hear what you come up with !

Take care .......

For timing on that line you could maybe use ' you can't make a stand when you run from the truth ' anyway you see fit works tho.... like I said its a rough idea so it needs some polishing up !

For timing on that line you could maybe use ' you can't make a stand when you run from the truth ' anyway you see fit works tho.... like I said its a rough idea so it needs some polishing up !

:winkthumb: ....make a stand.....run... aye :thumbup1:

here's a quick riff idea....no vocals yet, just two guitars for now :smilinguitar::smilinguitar:

heavy riff idea.wma

see what you think........

Paul....

Oh yea !!!!!! I like it ! It's got a good drive to it. I think it will work out great ! I knew you would rock it out ! I can even hear how the vocals could go with this. Nice one:punk: Now to roughen up your voice and let it rip !

Take care

Johnny

okay ..... you wanna hear something funny lol .... for shits and giggles I recorded a chorus part at about 32-57 real quick just to hear what it would sound like. It's pretty awful but Wanted to see if thats where you had the chorus idea lol. WARNING MAY CAUSE TONE DEAFNESS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ADVERSE EFFECTS IT HAS ON LISTENERS lol.

burning it down.mp3

Lol ummmmm you did listen to that right ? I can't sing paul !! I'll leave that to you . I might record some parts with you but it would be pretty bad all me ! Thanks for the vote of confidence tho ...

Lol ummmmm you did listen to that right ? I can't sing paul !! I'll leave that to you . I might record some parts with you but it would be pretty bad all me ! Thanks for the vote of confidence tho ...

all you need is a wee bit practise dude.........there's potential there.........and not being able to sing never stopped me lol....

cheers Eddie :winkthumb:

Paul............

Sweet ! Nice job Paul. I love that driving guitar:punk: ! about the potential on my singing ........ that's not what my wife says ! :nono: lol..... I may give it a shot with this but it's gonna take a million takes before it even comes close to sounding like someones trying to sing ....... but what the heck I may give it a shot . I just got off of work so I'm hittin the hay right now .... go back in tonight and then I'm off two days so may give it a shot this weekend ..... :winkwink:

Take care

Johnny

coolio :thumbup1:.........it would be great to have you on the recording........i think the low tone you got on your voice there would work well, for what i had in mind anyway :yes: ......can't think of the one song the vocal idea reminds me of, but i think it's Guns n Roses....where you have the low backing vocals, but it's not like a perfect harmony....if you know what i mean :dunno: ....not off key, but not like the harmony on "Paradise City"........

i just clicked some GnR on to play........it's not the song i was thinkin, but "Double Talkin Jive" is Izzy Stradlin singing with Axl on backin vocals.....vocal style on the verse is similar to what i hear for the chorus in "Burning It Down"....similar actually to what you done already too........

Paul...........

Well I was a little under the weather this weekend , but I tinkered with this and not sure really how to go about it. You may have to point me in the right direction Paul.

Johnny

How'do Johnny :winkthumb: .........hope you're feeling better now dude

what is it you're needing help with.........always happy to help if i can :)

if it's getting vocals down, i would say you might be best to try n get the chorus parts down first, i like the way you had the chorus on your first shot at it, then if you're up for the verses try them on a seperate track, this way you don't have to do a full performance in one take, you can record one chorus at a time (on the same track) and then the same with the verses......if that makes sense....i.e hit record for the first chorus, get that down and stop recording, move the track along to a bar or two before the next chorus, hit record get that one down, then do the same for the verses......

if you need me to post the newer ruff take minus my vocals i can do that ;)

Paul................

I think the whole problem is my singing !!! lol I messed with it a little this afternoon and its still pretty bad but trying to lay down the idea first and then see what I can do with my horrible vocals .....:dunno: I only did the first two verses and the second one is off beat but just trying to play with it right now. So same warning applies ...... here it is.....

burning it down1.mp3

oh Aye Johnny :punk: ..........i like this a lot :yes: .......just needs a wee bit practise to get the timing sorted....

you're a better singer than you give yourself credit......i appreciate it's hard to listen to your own voice initially, i was, (and still am a bit) that way.....but if you sing, then by definition you are a singer :yes: just keep at it and you'll get more comfortable with hearing your voice, and it'll get better too :winkthumb:

you've pretty much nailed the idea i had in mind, you're singin this one for sure :yes: i'll maybe do backin for you...

:rockon:

Paul........

Well thanks for words of encouragement but to me it sounds bad. I'll keep working at it tho and see if I can get it decent enough for you to add to it. I did how ever get a little encouragement from my wife also , who by the way has no problem making fun of my singing and she said as much as she would love to make fun of it , it wasn't that bad lol. I'll work on seeing if I can get a better sound and getting the timing down. I'll post as I go so keep checking in and see what you think. Feel free to jump in any time lol.

Take care ...

Johnny

the verse doesn't need too much work, it's got the right feel for me, just the timing of the lines really, chorus maybe needs tweaked to flow from the verse melody better, maybe keep the pitch of your voice as low as poss (in key) and i could add a higher pitch backing vocal over the chorus......

i think it's worth using this ruff backin track for practise just now, when we're happy with the practise take i'll redo the backin track add a bassline etc......

did you record using speakers for playback.....thought i heard a wee bit of audio bleed....the playback track being picked up by the mic.....if so it may be worth trying it with headphones on if possible....gives a cleaner recording...... although it may take some practise to get used to......i generally find headphones on with one side half over the ear let's me hear playback mic'd voice and my voice un mic'd.....not sure of the technical term lol......not sure if your set up allows you to hear what you're recording...i.e if you sing while recording can you hear what you sing through your headphones/speakers

Paul........