madforyou

Fender Dg5Nat steel acoustic

madforyou    0

Hi There

I have a Fender Dg5nat steel acoustic and am wondering it it`s possible to change the action of the strings as they seem very high off the fretboard.

Appreciate some advice please

Thanks

Mike

micky mac    14

hello mike im not a expert but i have an epiphone humming bird and i took out the saddle and the nut and sanded them a small bit at a time it took 2 or 3 string changes to get them the way i wanted them but it was cheaper than a guitar tech

SlowJamz    0

Hi There

I have a Fender Dg5nat steel acoustic and am wondering it it`s possible to change the action of the strings as they seem very high off the fretboard.

Appreciate some advice please

Thanks

Mike

Hey, there are a few simple things you cn do to lower/raise the action on your Fender, i also have the same acoustic, but no longer play,

you can either

1. Tighten the Allen Key inside the hole on the body just under the strings, directly on the neck of the guiutar, you can do this without unstringing your guitar, however it may be a little more difficult as movement is restricted.

Tightening lowers and loosening hightens the strings.

2. try some smaller gauge strings, i use Martins 10's (.10) Extra Light, they are nice, thin and fresh.

3. You can also heighten/lower the whie bridge and the bottom of your guitar (Above the String plugs)

you can get a taller/smaller one, or if its too low, same yourself some money and just shave it down or pad the gap with something like tissue paper, no one will see it anyway.

thats it!

Hope this helped you

Peace

~SlowJamz