Sign in to follow this  
lxldrakelxl

Direct Input Stereo Recording...

lxldrakelxl    0

Ok. So I have my TCelectronic nova system, and I am trying to record the pan effect. I'm recording directly form the stereo output (left & right) and plugin them both in 1 & 2 input in my TCelectronic Impact Twin Interface... Problem is.. where does the panning effect go? The panning (left right left right ) effect is not working... How am I supposed to record it? Anyone? Please help : (

Tekker    1

Ok. So I have my TCelectronic nova system, and I am trying to record the pan effect. I'm recording directly form the stereo output (left & right) and plugin them both in 1 & 2 input in my TCelectronic Impact Twin Interface... Problem is.. where does the panning effect go? The panning (left right left right ) effect is not working... How am I supposed to record it? Anyone? Please help : (

Hi Drake, welcome to the forum! :)

I suspect you are recording onto two mono tracks in your recording program because by default these will be panned in the center and you won't have any left/right effects. To make the stereo effects work, you need to pan track 1 all the way to the left and pan track 2 all the way to the right in your recording program.

Hope that helps.

-tkr