agent0064life

What it means to be a hipster

Okay guys, I haven't been on here in a long, long time. I haven't wrote much in that time as I've been busy with other things in life, but a recent facebook status from a friend that said "so many hipsters" inspired me to write this song about hipsters and their community.

Let me know what you guys think. Singing the whole thing without adding an intro, solo, and outro it should be around between 2 and 2 1/2 minutes.

The mood I am setting is trendy hip hop with rock influences mixed in. The double dashes represent rests for the most part. The rests are not all the same time length, they are basically for me when I record the song to help remind me what parts are supposed to sound like.

Got a myspace account-- for the irony

I wear skinny jeans --

what they mean to me

Gotta stay -- ahead of the game

When something's popular it's suddenly lame

Changing my trends -- every week

I will never become -- one of the sheep

what it means to be a hipster

what it means to be a hipster

My clothes are so tight -- vagina

My music is unsigned -- headliner

Get your vinyl on when they're selling M-P-3s

Fuck email -- send your letters to me

Gotta stay -- ahead of the game (uh huh)

I never get any bills in the mail

electricity? fuck my house got candles

Paying utilities is so mainstream

minus the main I wash up down at the stream

minus the main, down at the stream

minus the main, minus the main, minus the main (waaah!)

Gotta stay -- ahead of the game (uh huh)

Briandb1222    4

I could careless for the cuss words. I hate cuss words when they are put in songs...(to me it makes a song less enjoyable...and, I guess that's why I Hate Hip Hop and Rap...yep...hate with a capital H). But other than that, I like the lyrics...gave me an insight into the world of hipsters that I've never thought about before! I would definitely like to hear some music go along with this...

I could careless for the cuss words. I hate cuss words when they are put in songs...(to me it makes a song less enjoyable...and, I guess that's why I Hate Hip Hop and Rap...yep...hate with a capital H). But other than that, I like the lyrics...gave me an insight into the world of hipsters that I've never thought about before! I would definitely like to hear some music go along with this...

It's basically a parody of hipsters and their lifestyle of trying to be different in every way being their main influence instead of doing things they like not worrying about if other people are interested in or participate in the subject at hand.

I have not included curse words in any other song I've written, but fit with the melody of the song quite nicely. The first one I had in my rough draft of the song, and I added the second one because I was looking for something to help out with the melody of the song and it just fit there.

sheraton    20

nice lyrics :thumbup1: ........i don't mind the language used....if used for expression where other words don't express the feeling....that's what these words are for...lol.........fuck is a better word to use than h*te.... in my opinion

Paul...........

starsailor    20

Nice write Agent, good to see you around again too, title is ok, agree with Paul about the language when it's used in the right context it works, I often use it when things annoy me :winkthumb: