solidwalnut

A Recording Experiment

solidwalnut    5

I recently finished a recording experiment project and wanted to share it with you. It's a project recording my Taylor 714ce using various mic's and trying them out with my latest acquisition, a Manley Dual Mono Mic Pre, complete with audio files. Enjoy, and let me know of any comments or questions you might have.

Mic and Manley DOE

Thanks for listening,

Steve

scotty_b    16

Wow!

Aren't Taylor's the best? They just have 'the tone'!

Great job Steve - can't read through everything right now but it looks great. Will have some time a bit later on to do so!

solidwalnut    5

Yah, it was kind of meant to be over-the-top. Sort of there for folks who wanted to just spend some time with it all. Not really very easy to read as far as a quick browse thing. It's really meant for those who want to dig in more to the engineering aspect of recording.

Thanks for taking a look, though, Matt. And yes, Scotty, Taylors are the best!!! I'm getting ready to go visit their factory here in a couple of weeks. We're in AZ, right next door to southern CA, and Taylor is in the San Diego area. Me and my wife are going to take a quick weekend journey to Temecula, CA, wine country, and then dip a little further south and check out the Taylor factory and then head back home to Phoenix. I need to take the guitar in for some repairs (ding repair, refretting, humidification, etc.). And then we'll take the factory tour. Should be a blast!