mattwhoever

Amplifier Emitting Loud Static

mattwhoever    0

I've had my Fender Stage 1000 amp for about 6 years now and I've never had a problem with it until recently. Now, whenever I turn the power on, the amp emits a loud static noise. The problem is the speaker, I just don't know how to fix the speaker, as I've got little to no electronic experience. If anyone had any ideas about how to fix this, it'd be much appreciated.

Briandb1222    4

Speakers probably going out. My suggestion is buy a new amp but if that isn't an option for you, you need to find a speaker that fits the amp. If you figure out how to pull out the speaker or get inside the amp (most likely there is probably a way to remove the back of the amp...), usually the back of the speaker (where the two magnets are) would be info on wattage and such..maybe even the sizes.

On the back of the speaker somewhere on the basket (the cone shaped deal the holds the diaphragm ( the paperish type material that moves back and forth...the part that produces the air flow thusly creating sound). There are two tags on there that contain the lead wiring. You should be able to just pull them off. Don't yank on the wiring. Find the tags and disconnect them from there. Once you do that you need to remove the speaker. It's probably housed in a frame of sorts which more then likely comes out of the amp casing. Find any screws that might be holding it on and remove them. If you encounter any resistance after that, you either missed one or it's also held into place by clips. Dont force any clips off or you might break them.

You should then be able to get the speaker out. The front of the speaker facing towards you, you will more than likely see three or four screws holding the speaker on. Remove them and well...there you go. Installation would be the opposite of that. Just remember where to hook up the wiring.

scotty_b    16

I would recommend taking it to someone if you have not done this sort of thing before...I have worked in a repair workshop and seen some 'interesting' attempts at repairs by people who were not sure of what they were doing.