Briandb1222

Very simple...

I have a Fender Squier Bullet Strat. No amp but I use my dads Korg Processor and hook that up to some logitech speakers which works surprising well so I don't see my self getting an amp anytime soon! Well...maybe one in case I do go someplace else that don't have an amp I guess...

Edited by Briandb1222

I don't know if you know about it, but Reaper is a free online app which has lots of amp simulations. That's only one of many online software freebies.

Keep your eyes open for a small amp. There's a heap of them in the used market, maybe 15 or 20 watts. They can be had for pocketmoney, and are always handy for the situations where you don't want to wake up the whole street. Get the big one later when you have more cash and more experience.

Keep in touch.

Hey there,

if the Korg Processor is a Pandora, you will be having a blast. I have put my pandora through my logitech speakers as well and sounded fantastic. I have also put the pandora through other amps as a simple effect box. Very handy piece of gear and I love being able to use headphones when it's late at night. Is this the same as yours?

Well we already have a large amp, though it is a bit old. Admittingly, all I really own as far as musical equipment goes is a guitar, metronome, and tuner. I've been planning on getting a used small amp.

And yep, it's a Pandora PX5D. Lots of fun!

I've had my PX4 for almost 10 years. They're pretty good for learning about effects as well. From that other post suggesting more bass, try playing with your PX5, you can still adjust the tone after you call up an amp /speaker simulation. Manual is well written. Save your cash on buying a better amp until you've played quite a few, in the mean time, see what you can get from logitech speakers and pandora. I really dig that wild1 and melissa presets. cheers.