X4StringDrive

Don't lose your faith

Ha! Yeah I might be driving you nuts with all these postings...at least you have the choice of reading them or not...try living inside my head with all these constant voices :eek:

Crackhead Jack's a junkie loser

His aura screams out hey beware

Destitute and so destructive

His lowly life doesn't stand a prayer

Says to hell with heaven with conviction

Lives way past the point of turning back

Lucifer now owns his heartless soul

And another life derails off track

Life's a twisting maze of highways

Be careful of the road that you choose

Eternal bliss...the destination

Exit without, any faith...you lose

Beaula sells herself on the corner

Doing anything for cash in her hand

An uncaring std lifetime dispenser

Sadly she'll never see the promised land

Traded beliefs for easy money

Said religion does not pay her bills

You can add her name to satans servants

Another soul given up for greedy thrills

Now I'm not much for holy preachin

But I am a faith saves believing man

That when your down on your luck

Faith will always pick you up

And carry you, when you feel, you can not stand

carol m    64

Great first line Kenny - a real attention getter. How come you know all these characters so well?? The chorus is good too - point taken. :) Keep writing them down while you're getting them, the music can probably be worked out later. We had a discussion a while back about whether members write the words first, the music first or both together which was interesting - I'm in the words first camp, but wish it was the other way round because without a good melody etc, the song doesn't work.

You have always managed to make great bt's for your words, but I can't even do that. Sheraton has picked up quite a few of my lyrics but he hasn't been around much in the last couple of weeks - he might want to have a go with some of your songs when he gets back online more.

And who knows where Chris is - painting the village red in deepest darkest Cornwall probably - you know what he's like.

sheraton    20

another good one :thumbup1: you're on a roll.....keep em coming :)

i could have a bash at putting some of your lyrics to music if you would like....not sure if that is what you're looking for, as we're not in the collab section....

Hey Carol :winkthumb: i've been in and out the last couple of weeks....my internet connections not great, i use my mobile phone as a modem....replied to a few posts and lost connection after typing :brickwall: ....lol

i've got a few....maybe five or so ideas for lyrics posted in collab section.....i've been holding back a wee bit.....not wanting to be jumping in on every post......

Paul.........

carol m    64

..i've been holding back a wee bit.....not wanting to be jumping in on every post......

Paul.........

Jump right in Paul - that's what us word hacks live for (mostly - food is next on the list). There are a lot members still in a Christmas state of mind and have lost focus on what's really important (GFB if you didn't already realise that).

Bad luck with the internet connection - are you still driving the truck - did you get employed long-term?

Kenny: these days we mostly post lyrics in the Colab section if we're looking for colaborators.

Thanks Paul, I appreciate your looking. I'm not looking for anything to be honest, just want folks to know that my scribbling is just that{scribbling}...and if someone can throw a tune together using some words I threw in here, they are more than welcome to bend, borrow, steal or even plagiarize as they wish...I'd be tickled just knowing it wasn't all a waste of time & space ;)

Thanks Carol for the collab info, I'll keep that in mind.

btw, those 'characters' are all around us....lol

Edited by X4StringDrive

starsailor    20

I got bored with painting the village red so I came back here, nice lyrics these Kenny, just rolls along, good to see you writing, and posting songs again and hope you're getting on ok.

All The Best

Chris