Eleven Rack by Avid

5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mynewguitar

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 23-October 09

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:33 PM

I purchased an Avid Eleven Rack awhile ago but am now just beginning to dive into the vast possibilities it seems to present. So far, I'm quite happy with it's functionality and sounds, and its capability to utilize the ProTools format, which I have been using for a number of years, is an added plus.

My guitars: a Les Paul Deluxe, a Fernandes Telecaster, and a Hondo Precision Copy fitted with James Jamerson LaBella strings, all sound good through the interface, and I'm looking forward to using my 1978 Princeton Reverb to integrate the "re-amping" feature of the unit.

Not yet sure yet which mic to use for mic my Gibson Hummingbird, but for now am using my old stand-by SM 57, and will continue to try out other mics as time goes on.

I look forward to filling you in on my latest experiments with the Eleven Rack as I become more familiar with its features and functionality, and would love to hear any comments, input, or feedback from any other fellow forum users regarding the piece.

Thanks to all,

Chris
In guitar,
Chris

#2 OFFLINE   scotty_b

Lesson Contributor

• Lesson Contributors

• 2,450 posts
  • Joined 22-January 06

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:39 PM

I haven't tried it, but it looks interesting
Would like to hear your feedback once you have had a chance to get into it

#3 OFFLINE   mynewguitar

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 23-October 09

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:04 AM

View Postscotty_b, on 07 January 2011 - 07:39 PM, said:

I haven't tried it, but it looks interesting
Would like to hear your feedback once you have had a chance to get into it

Will do, Scotty. So far, I have nothing but good things to say about it and nothing
at all that makes me regret buying it. I'll update as I gain experience with it.
In guitar,
Chris

#4 OFFLINE   scotty_b

Lesson Contributor

• Lesson Contributors

• 2,450 posts
  • Joined 22-January 06

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:16 AM

Awesome

#5 OFFLINE   carol m

Songwriting Moderator

• Moderators

• 7,257 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:19 AM

That's a great setup there Chris, i"m looking forward to hearing some of your music.
One good thing about music is that when it hits you, you feel no pain - Bob Marley

#6 OFFLINE   mynewguitar

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 23-October 09

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:46 AM

View Postcarol m, on 08 January 2011 - 01:19 AM, said:

That's a great setup there Chris, i"m looking forward to hearing some of your music.
Thanks for the invitation, Carol. I look forward to the day when I've created music that I feel good enough about to play publicly.
In guitar,
Chris

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users