johnmay

garrison 12 string

I came across this garrison on a pawn shop and noticed a crack in the heel of the neck. I can get it for less than half of the asking price of 200 usd .any one know anything about these ? I have had had limited success finding anything on the web so far .cannot seem to put a picture up sorry

Garrisons were a Canadian company bought up, I believe, by Gibson a few years ago. The featured a composit bracing system, and something different about the tuning. Nice guitars, I almost bought one on a trip to Florida just before the sold out. The mid range, if I remember correctly, was about $600-$700. They used spruce or cedar tops(solid) and mahogany or beechwwod(?) backs.

Garrisons were a Canadian company bought up, I believe, by Gibson a few years ago. The featured a composit bracing system, and something different about the tuning. Nice guitars, I almost bought one on a trip to Florida just before the sold out. The mid range, if I remember correctly, was about $600-$700. They used spruce or cedar tops(solid) and mahogany or beechwwod(?) backs.

thanks , i tried to put up some pics of the cracked heel but having trouble

Hi johnmay, if you click on the Use Full Editor at the bottom of the posting window you'll see the 'Click to attach files' button. Then you browse for your photo on your computer, select it/open and it'll upload here. Then click the Add to Post on the right hand side and it's done. The Help section also has some info on how to upload pictures.

Depending on the file size of the photo, it may take a few seconds from the time you click "upload" to the time you can click post. A thumb will show first, and then hit post. But unless the damage is severe enough to warrant a neck replacement, the Garrison should easily be worth a "C" note.

I never saw a neck crack in that way before. The circular shape is almost perfect. Hard to tell without actually seeing the guitar, perhaps you know someone who is a knowledgeable woodworker who can see it and give their opinion. It wouldb a shame to see a nice guitar like that scrapped.

well just to let ya'll know . I have probably let this one slip away . blew a head gasket on my truck and since it is fairly high milage have decided to change the engine . not even enough extra cash for a new set of strings. thanks for all the info