ronnie

4 track recording

I think one of my christmas presents is going to be a TASCAM 4track portable recorder, any one know any thing a bout these good or bad ? I hope to be able to record some and load something on the forum.

Ronnie

I think you would be better looking at computer options these days. A lot of flexibility and probably more cost-effective than a 4 track

The cool thing about gear like this is you aren't tied to the computer. It's not the best for composing and editing, but it's great for just recording everything you play and then transferring it back to the computer later. You can also capture sounds in the environment and use them.

I second computer recording, you will get much more bang for your buck with an M-Audio or Tascam USB interface and Reaper than with a 4-track recorder. Better sound quality, more flexibility, etc. and if you are going to transfer it to the computer anyways, you might as well just record it there to begin with. ;)

The cool thing about gear like this is you aren't tied to the computer.... You can also capture sounds in the environment and use them.

That's what a laptop is for. :D

-tkr

thank you guys for the reply's . well I got the tascam 4 track, it was a present. now I just have to learn how to use it

Ronnie

Edited by ronnie