shonie777

Showing at NAMM 2010

I've been keeping this to myself for a while but I figure it's about time I post some news for you all to let you know that I'll be showing my work (Navatone Custom Guitars) at NAMM in Anaheim, CA next month. January 13-16, 2010.

My booth will be at the Native American Pavilion on the 2nd floor room 207B. Everyone else at the Native American Pavilion that are exhibiting are flute and drum makers, and I'll be the only guitar custom shop.

I have no idea how they heard about me and my work, I just got an e-mail from NAMM out of the blue asking me to show my work. I couldn't believe it. And I still can't.

So if any of you happen to be attending NAMM this year, come by and visit me at the booth.

I'm currently building a special edition WWII Navajo Code Talkers Strat especially for the show.

Metallic Gold Alder Body (Shielded)

Maple Neck w/ 22 Fret Ebony Fret Board

Schaller Locking Tuners

Callaham Trem and Block

Rumplestiltskin Hand Made Pups (Custom made "Experience" set just for this guitar)

3 Ply Parchment Pick Guard

Black Pup Covers and Knobs

CTS Pots

CRL Switch and Jack

Vishay/Sprague Orange Drop Caps

Custom Neck Plate commemorating the WWII Navajo Code Talkers

One Inlayed Turquoise Stone (headstock or body, I haven't decided yet)

This guitar will be signed by Samuel Holiday a Navajo Code Talker that I know personally here in my hometown.

I wanted to make a Tele version as well to make a matching set, but my finances just can't swing it. Maybe later?

I have heard of NAMM for many, many years and have always wanted to go. Having this opportunity to actually show my work there is a dream come true for me. Although I may not be on the main floor of NAMM, at least I'll be on the second floor!

I hope to see some of you there if you can make it.

Shonie

I'd love to have a look but I'm a bit far away.

This would be the kind of recognition and publicity that you could never afford to buy for yourself.

Good on you. Enjoy the experience.

I was under the impression that the general public can't get admission to NAMM,

it's only for people who are in the business of making, selling etc. is that true?

I was under the impression that the general public can't get admission to NAMM,

it's only for people who are in the business of making, selling etc. is that true?

NAMM is closed off until Saturday. Sunday is when it's open to the public.

Shonie