eddiez152

Few couple of new one's to the bunch

eddiez152    129

Right out of Nashville at Gruhn Guitars.

A Martin D-28VS

2 fret neck with solid peghead (bound) and 1 13/16" nut width, vertical C.F. Martin peghead inlay, style 45 snowflake fingerboard inlays, black ebony fingerboard and bridge, Adirondack spruce top with scalloped bracing, herringbone trim, Indian rosewood back and sides, ivoroid bindings, Waverly tuners, inspired by a 1934 Custom D-28 from Gruhn Guitars' past inventory, deluxe Geib style HC.

A Robert Stienegger made D28. Built guitars for the Everly Brothers. This is one has a lot of punch to its sound. This one is a flat pickers dream. Now if only I could flat pick. Guess I'll have to learn.

post-4859-070682700 1291666912_thumb.jpg

post-4859-039565300 1291666926_thumb.jpg

6string    81

Right out of Nashville at Gruhn Guitars.

A Martin D-28VS

2 fret neck with solid peghead (bound) and 1 13/16" nut width, vertical C.F. Martin peghead inlay, style 45 snowflake fingerboard inlays, black ebony fingerboard and bridge, Adirondack spruce top with scalloped bracing, herringbone trim, Indian rosewood back and sides, ivoroid bindings, Waverly tuners, inspired by a 1934 Custom D-28 from Gruhn Guitars' past inventory, deluxe Geib style HC.

A Robert Stienegger made D28. Built guitars for the Everly Brothers. This is one has a lot of punch to its sound. This one is a flat pickers dream. Now if only I could flat pick. Guess I'll have to learn.

W :mrgreen: W Christmas comes early, Eddie must have been a good boy!

Guess I'll have to learn.

http://www.flatpick.com/lessons.html

mattz196    15

Wow Eddie you don't do things by halves, that Martin is a thing of beauty, I am a real sucker for those Martin inlays you'll have to post some sound bites for us .

eddiez152    129

Mattz,

I have to be honest with you on the Martin. When I was at the store, i played a few guitars and my guitar of choice was the Stienegger.

While I was fooling around with it the salesmen said "I see you like to finger pick, can i show you something" ? I said sure and when he got back I gave him the RS and into my lap he laid this guitar. I did not know what it was because he handed it to me face out. All I knew was that the guitar was made for Gruhn by request and has a 1 13/16 nut normally found on a slot head type of guitar. My son Todd was with me at the time as we met there for a family Thanksgiving. From the first strum this baby just sang with twang and I so was impressed I said I'll take it. After playing it for about 15 more minutes the sales guy said I'll get the case and it was not until then I saw the head stock. Martin? brother was I surprised. I might add that the fact it was a slope shoulder guitar made it even more attractive to my decision.

So was the salesmen when I told him I'll take both. yeahhh.gif I suppose working 70 hours a week does have its benefits. I do get out every now and then. smile.gif

6string, great link, thanks.

windsong    16

Mattz,

I have to be honest with you on the Martin. When I was at the store, i played a few guitars and my guitar of choice was the Stienegger.

While I was fooling around with it the salesmen said "I see you like to finger pick, can i show you something" ? I said sure and when he got back I gave him the RS and into my lap he laid this guitar. I did not know what it was because he handed it to me face out. All I knew was that the guitar was made for Gruhn by request and has a 1 13/16 nut normally found on a slot head type of guitar. My son Todd was with me at the time as we met there for a family Thanksgiving. From the first strum this baby just sang with twang and I so was impressed I said I'll take it. After playing it for about 15 more minutes the sales guy said I'll get the case and it was not until then I saw the head stock. Martin? brother was I surprised. I might add that the fact it was a slope shoulder guitar made it even more attractive to my decision.

So was the salesmen when I told him I'll take both. yeahhh.gif I suppose working 70 hours a week does have its benefits. I do get out every now and then. smile.gif

6string, great link, thanks.

nice story now for a song Eddie

and congrats

Went to Nashville today and toyed around

Held a guitar at Gruhn and it didn't go far

Salesman brought me another and I said "oh brother"

Magic was in the air and music was every where

I held the beauty up and I knew she was mine

It wasn't long afterwards I'm standing in line

With the salesman holding two new guitars of mine

Merry Christmas Eddie