Random Robot

Random Songs from the Random Robot Library

43 posts in this topic

Thought I'd start a thread with lyrics from songs that I've written and need to record. Hopefully it will drive me to get them recorded for you listening pleasure.

Song Title: "Everything's Sound"

"Take it easy on me, I'm not who I seem to be", he said

And this front I've put on was just to make you believe

It wasn't sin when I was pressed against your mothers skin

But you found out when it all came to a crashing end

Chorus-

And he said it'd be good

To live in Heaven

But I wouldn't fit in

"How much longer will I mean everything to you", she said

And he tried to do his best to explain

"I'm going to miss you and it's going to hurt for a while"

Then he clutched her in his arms and they both just started crying

And he said it'd be good

To live in Heaven

But I wouldn't fit in

"Is it right that a love can die with a single lie", she said

And he told he wasn't sure if they both should even try

To keep it together for the betterment of a child

He feel to his knees as he tried to decide if it was worth his while

And he said it'd be good

To live in Heaven

But I wouldn't fit in

Let me know what you think, I've got the music and if I had a guitar in hand I could post the tab but I hope to get at least an acoustic version done this weekend.

Oh the nightmare of trying to get ready to record. Just got new strings for the guitar to get started, hooked everything up and now the fan has gone out of the computer. Hopefully I can find one local and get started in the next day or so.

OK, I was able to at least get a rhythm guitar and scratch vocals put together for you. I'm learning that my system wont handle a lot so it's just 1 guitar, 1 vocal, a little verb and eq. I'll have to get over to the studio to get the other parts put together.

i need to work on the phrasing just a bit but for something that's just thrown together, I'm OK with it.

Hey! It was a long gestation, a difficult birth but here we have a lovely bouncing....song! You should be pleased with this - the guitar and vocal match the dark lyrics - nicely done, rr! Do you plan to do the big production number Johnny suggests? I think it would work well, but I also like the voice and guitar only because it sounds like it's a guy singing and playing as he's feeling it (not in a studio). I think both ways would work well. :thumbup:

Oh the nightmare of trying to get ready to record. Just got new strings for the guitar to get started, hooked everything up and now the fan has gone out of the computer. Hopefully I can find one local and get started in the next day or so.

I agree with the nightmare thing. You practice a song over and over then about the time your ready to record, the hassle is sometimes overwhelming.

Tune came out very nice. winkthumb.gif

Eh, the second one needs help. The timing is really rough on that one with a click track. I think I'll try it again without playing to one and see how it goes. I've got another one called "Cannibal" that I just need to redo the sratch vocals and eq and verb up a bit but again my computer just doesn't handle plug-ins very well. I'm going to swap out the hard drives and put them into a Mac G5 this afternoon. I've been running on a G4 quicksilver with, I think, only 1 gig of ram. The G5 has somewhere around 4 gig so I should be able to run everything and actually do some production on this stuff. My dad just upgraded to power Mac Pro G5 and Protools HD9 so I get the hand me downs. I'll try to get it uploaded tonight sometime.

yep, listening to it today in the car I can hear some things that need to be addressed. The verses are pretty much just an A to E. I think if I let the acoustic play the little melody part on the A chord then just take it out or let it ring on the E instead of adding that extra rhythm on the 2 and 4 it should help clean it up a bit. I also think that the drums need to be straightend up in a couple of spots to bring the timing all together. I making myself do some harmonies and those can be immproved as well. Finding them isn't too tough but finding room to add them is. I've been listening to a lot of Ben Folds lately (I'm going to see him tomorrow) and he has them everywhere all the time so it's giving me some ideas of how to add them to a song. I think the bass is pretty good for my first shot at it. I tried to make it as simple as I could to stay out of the way of everything else going on. I read somewhere that when Noel Gallagher joined Oasis he told the bass player to play root notes only and for the rhythm guitar player to only play barre chords. If it's good enough for Oasis, it's good enough for me in my basement. There is an electric guitar part that's going on at over the E chord of the verses that I'm going to chunk up a bit with Ampfarm when I get everything ready to take back over to my dad's studio that has a lot more plug-ins and mastering software. That's where I'll add the reverb, delay and compression. I still need to eq and pan for space and hopefully that will get everything pretty close to where I want it. Hopefully one more week on this and I should be ready to start on the next one. Sometimes (all the time) I get in too big of a hurry to get stuff done and have to go back more times than I should to fix little things. I'm still feeling my way thru recording and mixing. Songwriting is a lot easier for me but this is something I have to make myself do and since I've got access to the equipment I need to take advantage of it. Thanks for giving it a listen and for honest feedback. Fresh ears are a good thing.

Let me know about this one. It needs mixed and cleaned up a bit but it's getting close. It's called "Cannibal"

:winkthumb: like it ......look forward to hearing how you get on with it :thumbup1:

Paul.............