Zoe

What Music Do You Play?

What Music Do You Play?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What Music Do You Play?

WernHalen    0

I love rock, hard rock, pop rock, metal and contemporary rock. I love Blues and I started playing jazz a while back, just learning to finger some of the inversions of chords. I play in our church band and am praying to get into my buddies band. Obedience... Christian Rock band. I play mainly electric guitar but since coming to this site I hav ebeen playing more and more accoustic, finger style of course...

deberrydh    0

I grew up with country and is what I learned however my interest is the Blues. I'm a huge Johnny Winter and Buddy Whittington (John Mayall) fan. I guess the 12 bar blues has the emotion and feeling that I am seeking in playing

gravitas    0

Country 'n Blues have always stricken me as the most organic styles. I enjoy playing them the most, but I'm content to play anything, y'know, just as long as I'm playing.

mcknett    1

The problem with this question is that it implies I can actually play something!

If I could actually make the notes sound like something I intended to, I would like to play folk, rock, bluegrass, and contemporary Christian music.

Perhaps someday.

Andy S    9

Hi folks,

Ok, let's see....currently , working on learning some Brian Setzer stuff. :rockon: Also, some Clapton acoustic stuff. Primarily, Contemporary Worship stuff. Been wanting to try and pick up a John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers song off the birthday celebration CD, Jacksboro Highway, but I keep getting distracted by life, in general. :blink:

mcknett    1

I'm a Brian Setzer fan as well...even back to the Stray Cats days. What's your favorite Contmeporary Worship stuff? Third Day is big in my house.

allthumbs    8
I'm a Brian Setzer fan as well...even back to the Stray Cats days. What's your favorite Contmeporary Worship stuff? Third Day is big in my house.

The older I get,the more I like his stuff.

mcknett    1

You got me going on that one...I've been wandering around the office singing the Stray Cat Strut. (No big deal, it's expected of me to be a little "out there" around here!) I was in college on Long Island when they first starting making an impression in Europe - used to hear them on WLIR. Ah...memories...sigh.

Garry    0

I'd have to say BLUES for sure, I'm a confessed SRV nut, I like the more gritty Texas style electric blues as well as Delta on acoustic, just strikes a certain chord in me,

(no pun intended...heh heh). Kinda funny why they call it Blues, they always seem to lift my spirit. Then again I play alot of Rock too the whole Zeppelin thing, although lately I find myself playing more of Pages acoustic tunes Babe I'm Gonna leave You, Rainsong, Going to California ,Bron-Y -Aur etc..(just made a transition to acoustic, played electric most of my years, bought a Taylor 414-CE last August, amazing guitar )Just a pain constantly changing to alernate tunings, but hey that's Page for ya.Southern rock,Allman Bros,Skynyrd ,Govt Mule,type stuff etc have my moments with Jimi and a Cry-Baby wah pedal...jeeeze REDHOUSE!!! gotta love it.:D like I said....always wind up back at "THE BLUES".... great post guys and ladies , I'm new here . Take Care.....wheres my Strat.. ..................Bernard Allison, Warren Haynes,Dickie Betts...ahhh, shut up and play....Later.

paSia    0

well umm i still a beginner.. i have been learning for 2 months & abit now.. i play oldies music... i have trouble with the f chord? so when i play 'stand by me' its a bummer cos of F...

Donovan    0
I dig quite a lot of different kinds of music, my main interest being neo-classical and/or progressive metal. But I also like standard rock, classical/fingerstyle, a bit of blues, a sprinkle of jazz and, heck, even a little chunk of soul/funk/reggae at times.

It's so cool to be a schizophrenic: You can quote yourself... :rolleyes: Anyway, quite diverse taste, so...