Zoe

What Music Do You Play?

What Music Do You Play?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What Music Do You Play?

I voted Blues, but I guess you all know by now that I like all kinds of music. It's always the same 12 notes, and when you think about it, it's amazing that 12 those notes (plus time) can be manipulated and massaged and tweaked into so many distinct 'styles', isn't it?

I love to play country, mostly new country like Travis Tritt, Rascal Flatts, Lonestar.

And ofcourse the songs of the guys who inspired me to pick up the guitar in the first place Garth Brooks, James Taylor and Kenny Loggins

Maurice :D

:D Well considering my nickname is 'bluesguy'. I do play hymn at church. My guitar teacher is always having me work on other types of songs - mostly pop stuff that everyone would know how to sing. Forces me to learn new chords & progressions - always a good thing :D

I play a pretty wide range... from playing in my church's high school worship band... to play death metal... I also like alternative rock, and pop. I'm not really into country, and I don't play jazz or blues only cause I don't listen to it in my normal day... so it doesn't really interest me to learn to play something that I don't enjoy listening to... I may learn to play it in the future but only in the efforts of improving my skill or style

After the old "western" music that most of us liked and after many years away from it, I've become addicted to the jazz and blues of the '40s, '50s and '60s. Not to mention roots firmly embedded in scandinavian music (but I don't play the accordion any more). I grew up during the down slide of the "big band" era, and used to play trombone in lots of gigs with lots of local bands. Never famous, though. LOL!

I too voted blues.....It's the what got me interested in guitar but these days I love playing anything with strong melody line.

That is what I love most about Kirk's lessons. I am always amazed by the way arranges and injects his own feel an keeps the tune so recognizable.

A bit of everything..like the old classic rock & roll the best and not the heavy stuff. I do love Santana though, Rory Gallagher and Alan Parsons Project. Even if I can't play it!

Guest 4guitars

Classical. I picked up the guitar when I was a teenager (many years ago!) and used to sing and play chords at the same time. Since I cannot sing anymore (except for the enjoyment of the coyotes), I decided to learn classical music and I enjoy it very much.

Currently learning some blues chords and solo in the Am pentatonic scale and loving the sound... I have been working on the the gallop effect. I also like to play rock and have many songs I wish to play eventually......

I voted for Rock but I've been playing all types lately. I've been taking some Blues and Jazz lessons. Lots of old classic rock songs, Delta blues, and some of the old swing jazz stuff from the 30's and 40's.

It is amazing to hear those old swing guitarists with their different strumming patterns and chord substitutions. Santa is supposed to be bringing me Bireli Lagrene, Django Reinhardt, Rod Piazza, and Savoy Brown's 'Blue Matter' for Christmas.

Dan

The story-telling in Country is hard to beat. No longer just about love and loss, 'my dog died and my woman took my truck'. You can hear about Daddies teaching their kids how to drive... seven years in prison and the world has changed... Juke Box rippin at an all-out roar! and Have You Forgotten? Great stuff. My current faves: Rodney Crowell and Jerry Douglas.

Ive got to vote for country .Travis Tritt ,Randy Travis,Gary Allan ,George Jones ,and throw in some John Cougar to the mix and im a happy man .The hardest then I find is figuring out the struming

My wife can be pretty persuasive and after 22 years I have learned what is best for me:oops:

Does she lasso you around the ankles? Does she make you wear boots, spurs and leather chaps?:huh:;) That'll make anyone yodel!