Clancy

Feedback on the new search feature.

One of the greatest failings of forum software in my opinion has always been the search function. We have so much great information hidden away in old topics here, but try finding it using the old search and the results returned were mostly irrelevant and very disappointing. This has always bugged me big time.

Anyway, over the last little while I have been working on a new custom search which is powered by Google and the results seem to be much much better. The new search box is now located where the old search box resided.

I'm looking for feedback, so have a search for something and let me know what you think of the new results.

I am restricted in some ways (I can't remove the Google ads up the top and to the side), but I can manipulate some of the results to a certain extent.

The search includes topics on the forum, the main content section of Guitar for Beginners and Beyond and all Kirk's products.

Looking forward to any feedback.

Clancy

Did a few searches, "Maton" , "Chet" , "Learn" "Elixer" and others, gives you back very quickly the sort of return you would hope for,the ranking makes sense . The ads aren't an issue whatsoever.

Good feature Clancy.

I did only one search because it gave me so many old/good choices I spent over an hour on that one search. It's a great improvement, thanks Clancy.