Clancy

Trouble accessing the site, malware and an upgrade.

I guess it hasn't gone unnoticed that we have had troubles with the site over the last two days. If you couldn't access the forum or main part of the site and got a "malware warning" - this was a false warning. No need for alarm. Some unscrupulous person (or persons) who had nothing better to do with their time put a few lines of code into one of our scripts. This took a while to track down, but we have managed to clean up the mess and all should be back to normal.

I have upgraded the forum which we wanted to do for a while anyway but it became necessary with this last issue. It still needs some tweaking where the styles are concerned, but it all should function well. There are a few really neat new features. The main one is the ability to leave comments on status updates.

Anyway, hope the downtime wasn't too much of an inconvenience.

Let me know if you find anything that isn't working as it should. I do know the chat room isn't working yet. I'll look at fixing that tomorrow.

Clancy

Yes, thanks for working through this Clancy. A bit disconcerting to see the malware warning.

Glad you tracked it down.

-Doug

Another great job Clancy. Thank you. I didn't get a malware notice,it just said the board wasn't online.

Cheers

Annette

Well here's a confession.

I read the malware warning and immediately assumed the problem was at my end, not yours. So I set about "cleaning" my machine. Couldn't find any problems, and have been suspicious of it ever since. Maybe I owe it an apology? No. There'll be plenty of other times it lets me down.

I'm sad that my industry is so riddled with idiots who take such pleasure in destroying whatever they can.

Thank you Clancy and also your support team who keep the site running.

Thanks for the support. It's very much appreciated. If you were using IE, the warning didn't appear. That's why all was ok with you I think Nutty.

@Karcy, that's actually funny. To think you are more suspicious of your own computer than our site. What confidence!

Thanks again everyone. Again, let me know if anything isn't working as it should or if you find any neat new features, post them here as well.

Clancy

Well done Clancy , sure you had a fun filled weekend thanks to that little malicious malaware fiend, what a productive fun filled hobby that must be, giving other people grief.

Hey I think the comment on update feature is a beauty ,should be fun :innocent:

When I first saw the message, I thought it was my computer also. :D But since it only happened on this site, I figured it had to be something here.

The only thing I've noticed is I cannot connect to my ftp account here... I've got another Java app I'm working on (a random rhythm generator similar to THIS but with more features, will play midi sounds, and has modes for both drums and guitar) and I have the basic GUI shell of the layout and features and wanted to upload it to get some opinions on it before I started in on the code.

-tkr

I was working on a friend and fellow guitarist's computer and wanted to gift him with this site and its many wonders. Firefox/ Google refused to let us in and he was very suspicious of my work and choice of sites when we got the message.

I'm glad to see you beat that back and congratulate you on your mastery of your domain!

When I first saw the message, I thought it was my computer also. :D But since it only happened on this site, I figured it had to be something here.

The only thing I've noticed is I cannot connect to my ftp account here... I've got another Java app I'm working on (a random rhythm generator similar to THIS but with more features, will play midi sounds, and has modes for both drums and guitar) and I have the basic GUI shell of the layout and features and wanted to upload it to get some opinions on it before I started in on the code.

-tkr

Sounds good Tekker. I look forward to checking it out... I've PMed you re the ftp issue.

Cheers

Clancy

I guess it hasn't gone unnoticed that we have had troubles with the site over the last two days. If you couldn't access the forum or main part of the site and got a "malware warning" - this was a false warning. No need for alarm. Some unscrupulous person (or persons) who had nothing better to do with their time put a few lines of code into one of our scripts. This took a while to track down, but we have managed to clean up the mess and all should be back to normal.

I have upgraded the forum which we wanted to do for a while anyway but it became necessary with this last issue. It still needs some tweaking where the styles are concerned, but it all should function well. There are a few really neat new features. The main one is the ability to leave comments on status updates.

Anyway, hope the downtime wasn't too much of an inconvenience.

Let me know if you find anything that isn't working as it should. I do know the chat room isn't working yet. I'll look at fixing that tomorrow.

Clancy

What do you get if you cross an apple with a nun? A computer that won't go down on you.