shonie777

Limited Edition 2010 Marshall C5 Amp

shonie777    3

It's been awhile since I bought anything so I picked up the new Limited Edition 2010 Marshal C5 amp from Guitar Center this weekend. Good lord this thing is sooooo sweet! Amazing clears and wicked breakup. I ran this puppy through my 2x12 cab with Celestion Vintage 30's last night....my god does this thing sound sweet!

Shonie

Here's the specs on the amp:

Feat./Specs.

Power Output (RMS): 5 Watt

Pre-amp tubes: two ECC83

Power amp tube: one EL84

Internal speaker: 1 x10" 16-Ohm Celestion G10F-15

Channels: 1

Volume control

3-band EQ featuring treble, mid, and bass

Headphone output

Headphone selector with bypass

16-Ohm extension cab output

Dimensions: 19-1/2"W x 16-1/3"H x 9"D

Weight: 26-1/2 lb.

5050676167_bfd4d6b774_b.jpg

5050676341_7fb8ccd5fa_b.jpg

5050676533_bb65653f58_b.jpg

5051295840_3bcf4a0055_b.jpg

5051296062_2ed7761749_b.jpg

Andy S    9

I just read a review on these things. Really raved about it! Good for you Shonie! Yeh! The little 5 watt amplifiers are cool as you don't have to knock down walls with volume to get them to break up and get that sweet distortion. A couple of months ago I purchased a Laney Lionheart 5 watt. I can get the nicest clean tones out of it, then push it a bit and .....oooohhhh!! Nice distortion without waking the neighbors!

Have fun!

shonie777    3

Yep! I love this amp! I've only played for a few hours since I got it. I do like the fact that it gets great clears and awesome breakup at low volumes, but for 5 watts, this puppy can crank when hooked up to an external cab.

Shonie

shonie777    3

I have had only about 2 hours or so of play time on this amp. And have only used my American Fender Strat on it so far, not my Les Paul or any of my other guitars yet. I'm at work right now waiting for 5 o'clock to roll around so i can go home and play with it some more. Time is going sooooo slowwwwwww........

Shonie

shonie777    3

I will be opening up this amp to see what all is in there. I'd like to know exactly what kind of tubes are in it. So I'll post some pictures of that soon. I'm not too good at posting audio clips, because my guitar playing really sucks. LOL But I'll see what I can do.

Shonie