TLTruder

Play sing record

I'm looking for someone who can play, sing and record some songs for me.

I have been a beginner all my life. I have never able to play very well on my own. However I recently got up the courage to join the praise team at my church. Things were going pretty well until the team leader quit. Now I am the only guitarist up there and to tell you the truth, I suck. I was able to follow along most of the time, but now I find that without his lead I have no rhythm, I can't keep time and I miss chord changes.

I have a LXBlack Martin that I put a K&K Western pickup in, sounded ok. Well I went out and bought a new D-18 and put a LR Baggs M1 active in it with a little acoustic EQ floor switch and "Wow" what a difference. But as you all know it doesn't matter how great a setup you have, if you can't play worth a damn it will still sound like crap.

I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by asking this, but if someone could do these songs and send them to me so I could learn and practice along with them I'd be willing to make a reasonable agreed donation for each song. It's hard to find these songs in the simple arrangements that we do them in. I normally get our itinerary a day before practice. Wednesdays then practice Thursdays for about an hour maybe and then a little practice before church Sunday. We don't practice enough, only about one hour a week all together, and I just don't remember or am able to learn the songs fast enough before were on to the next set for the next week. If I had recordings I could build a library and then get more practice in. Contact me if your willing. Thanks, Terry :helpsmili

Hello Terry,

Have you checked out youtube for the songs? I play at Mass every week and often use youtube to learn new songs, practice timing, etc. Of course, they have to be playing in the same key as you are.

I could help out if I know the songs.

Annette

Hello Terry,

Have you checked out youtube for the songs? I play at Mass every week and often use youtube to learn new songs, practice timing, etc. Of course, they have to be playing in the same key as you are.

I could help out if I know the songs.

Annette

I'm attaching a file of todays worship songs for you to look at to give you an idea of what we're doing. The keys and arrangements are all pretty much how they end up. Except 'Just as I am' had a last minute key change from G to C. I don't have the tempo to most of these songs. How ever they are most commonly done would I presume. I can make those kind of adjustments on my own I'm sure most of the time. I can send you chord and lyric sheets also if you need them.

post-14959-128499605827_thumb.jpg

Edited by TLTruder

Here is one example. Check this out

http://www.higherpra.....r_Name_©.html

Then go to

Try playing along to the timing

Here is another chord and tab file

http://www.ultimate-...ur_name_crd.htm

May be a good way to help you get started. Lets not forget that you are in control of the speed unless

you are playing along with others who know the tune and can play it to the tempo above.

Here is one example. Check this out

http://www.higherpra.....r_Name_©.html

Then go to

Try playing along to the timing

Here is another chord and tab file

http://www.ultimate-...ur_name_crd.htm

May be a good way to help you get started. Lets not forget that you are in control of the speed unless

you are playing along with others who know the tune and can play it to the tempo above.

Thanks Eddie, I can find most of these songs online, Youtube, Amazon.com MP3 etc. And I can find most all the lyric and chord sheets. But how do I figure out what key the recording is in? I have Sienzo's digital music mentor, but it does'nt do a very good job in my opinion of giving me the right key. And I'm virtualy tone deef so picking the proper chords and making adjustments to practice along with, I just don't get it.

allthumbs

Yep there are plenty there to work with.

TL,

Hmmmmm! Sienzo should do a great job for you. I use it myself as a guide. Though it gives you more than you may want to know at times.

Your list did show what key each tune is in. If not sure, maybe some of the moderators and members can lend a hand.

I did notice the Key and reference to V1 V2 etc. But the chords are shown in (ultimate guitar) too.

This will help you find out what each chord sounds like. PIck a chord and hit strum. it's on the face of the guitar on the right side. This will help you get familiar to the chord tone.

http://www.chordbook...uitarchords.php

quote name='eddiez152' date='20 September 2010 - 12:19 PM' timestamp='1285006758' post='760095']

allthumbs

Yep there are plenty there to work with.

TL,

Hmmmmm! Sienzo should do a great job for you. I use it myself as a guide. Though it gives you more than you may want to know at times.

Your list did show what key each tune is in. If not sure, maybe some of the moderators and members can lend a hand.

I did notice the Key and reference to V1 V2 etc. But the chords are shown in (ultimate guitar) too.

This will help you find out what each chord sounds like. PIck a chord and hit strum. it's on the face of the guitar on the right side. This will help you get familiar to the chord tone.

http://www.chordbook...uitarchords.php

I'm starting to find a lot of this stuff on youtube, just like you guys said. Some good instruction videos too. I just didn't know where to look. Thanks to everyone for your helpful suggestions. Terry

Terry,

The You Tube video above is in the Key of B 115 beats per minute

The chords being used are

B-E-F#

But if you capo on the fourth fret you will be in Pitch with the tune above and you can play

G-C-D Em

Hope that helps

Terry,

The You Tube video above is in the Key of B 115 beats per minute

The chords being used are

B-E-F#

But if you capo on the fourth fret you will be in Pitch with the tune above and you can play

G-C-D Em

Hope that helps

Eddie

Ok, so how did you do that?

I opened the tune in Sienzo saw what Key it was in. In this case a B I transposed the chords to something you might be familiar with. B)

In this case (G).

Now in order to be in pitch with a I needed to capo on the 4th and played the G and the G shape made it a B pitch. winkthumb.gif

Now if I were to put it into my recording software in track (1) as an example. In track (2) I would be recording with the new chords.

I can then shut off the original and wa-la Got me a tune recorded in time with the original to learn from and practice to.

Over and over and over and over ......................... well you know. laughingg.gif

Terry,

Your more than welcome, but this is only one way to get started and probably many of us have. Well many have played along to records, learned from friends.

But stick aground here and learn from a lot of good lessons. A good starting point might be with Solid Walnuts lessons and slow but sure expand your music quests.

I hope I helped a little in some way and if not sure, just ask, someone always pitching in an idea. winkthumb.gif

eddie

TL,

Have no idea how your doing with this and it is a older post. I am gonna send a copy of your list to my son Todd and see if he is familiar with your list. Gonna see if he can record some samples for you to work with.

eddie