Wilson54

Sound Transformation

Wilson54    0

I performed a very simple modification on my Fender Thinline Telecaster. At odds with a lot of owners of this axe, I can't stand the twang or "ice pick" bridge. I replaced the original pickups and did a "wiring change". One wire. This is a 1950's Gibson style of wiring the tone pot directly across (parallel) the output instead of being in series with the volume pot. Gone is the "mud" in the neck pickup and I lowered the bridge pickup (3 screws accomplish this). It now has a rich mellow sound. So, if you are technically inclined, try the wiring change by itself and raising/lowering both your original pickups and create a "different" guitar. Hope this helps in some way, Wilson

go here..... http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2007/Feb/The_Telecaster_Mod_Guide.aspx

Wilson54    0

Thumbs, I am open to suggestion as to how I might do that. I have no mike or camera for my computer. Could you recommend something reasonable that I might find at a computer store. Never have done any You Tube or anything like that. My son has an antiquated video camera so I don't know if that is feasible. HELP!! :)