Jim

How many of you name your guitars?

Do you name your guitars?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you name your guitars?

• Yes - I name them all
    • Yes - but only some of them
    • No - I haven't bothered
    • No - and you've gotta be NUTS to do that!

Yup, my 12 string is Angie, after the Stones tune of the same name, (the Angie in that song was apparently David Bowie's wife Angela.)

My wife jokes: "You spend more time with Angie than with me!"

Well, at least I think she's joking!

I don't name my guitars. . . .but my wife does. I think she's jealous!

I know how you feel Bob. I named my clapton strat "Alberta" but my wife decided it's name is "Birdy" (after Birdy Rooster)... so what can I do? I call it Birdy and it answers... :unsure: , so I guess that's its name! :D

Jim

yep i name my guitars, no highly original names though because theyre named after people who are/were important to me

My Jackson is Ashleigh

SG is Sara

and Ibanez is Emily

I call my Washburn HB35S hollow body "Bertha" 'cause she has such a big, bodacious lower "Bout". My acoustics don't have names yet, they might but they haven't told me yet...

BSR

I call my Washburn HB35S hollow body "Bertha" 'cause she has such a big, bodacious lower "Bout". My acoustics don't have names yet, they might but they haven't told me yet...

BSR

Bertha was going to be the nickname for "Alberta" - my EC Strat - but my wife chose "Birdie", so Birdie it is!!! :)

Jim

Back in the Late 70's I named my blonde Rickenbacker 4001 "Elbereth StarQueen".

I was heavily into Tolkien at the time.:unsure:

Wow - cool name! :)

Jim

Never thought of naming them,,,call my Ibanez and Seagull, just that and then call my new Santa Rosa classical, my classical. Guess I could just call it Rosa...being it's soooo pink. Actually, I figure one day I'll give it to my youngest...she's a pink fanatic..She's been playing violin not quit 2 years...but last year after a lesson we got back to town before the music store closed and she spotted a pink violin, on her own asked the owner what he would give for a trade in on her old one and whan we left she had a pink violin. ( She was10).Anyway, sorry for the ramblin'.

Blessings to all.

That is great about your daughter! I have never seen a pink violin - that must raise a few eyebrows! But good for her - if it keeps her happy and playing, that's a good thing. And I love individualists! :winkthumb:

Yeah, Rosa works for me!

Jim