Jim

How many of you name your guitars?

Do you name your guitars?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you name your guitars?

• Yes - I name them all
    • Yes - but only some of them
    • No - I haven't bothered
    • No - and you've gotta be NUTS to do that!

CanuckTodd    0

Yup, my 12 string is Angie, after the Stones tune of the same name, (the Angie in that song was apparently David Bowie's wife Angela.)

My wife jokes: "You spend more time with Angie than with me!"

Well, at least I think she's joking!

Jim    0
I don't name my guitars. . . .but my wife does. I think she's jealous!

I know how you feel Bob. I named my clapton strat "Alberta" but my wife decided it's name is "Birdy" (after Birdy Rooster)... so what can I do? I call it Birdy and it answers... :unsure: , so I guess that's its name! :D

Jim

Nem    0

yep i name my guitars, no highly original names though because theyre named after people who are/were important to me

My Jackson is Ashleigh

SG is Sara

and Ibanez is Emily

John Burr    0

I call my Washburn HB35S hollow body "Bertha" 'cause she has such a big, bodacious lower "Bout". My acoustics don't have names yet, they might but they haven't told me yet...

BSR

Jim    0
I call my Washburn HB35S hollow body "Bertha" 'cause she has such a big, bodacious lower "Bout". My acoustics don't have names yet, they might but they haven't told me yet...

BSR

Bertha was going to be the nickname for "Alberta" - my EC Strat - but my wife chose "Birdie", so Birdie it is!!! :)

Jim

Jim    0
Back in the Late 70's I named my blonde Rickenbacker 4001 "Elbereth StarQueen".

I was heavily into Tolkien at the time.:unsure:

Wow - cool name! :)

Jim

paintangel    0

Never thought of naming them,,,call my Ibanez and Seagull, just that and then call my new Santa Rosa classical, my classical. Guess I could just call it Rosa...being it's soooo pink. Actually, I figure one day I'll give it to my youngest...she's a pink fanatic..She's been playing violin not quit 2 years...but last year after a lesson we got back to town before the music store closed and she spotted a pink violin, on her own asked the owner what he would give for a trade in on her old one and whan we left she had a pink violin. ( She was10).Anyway, sorry for the ramblin'.

Blessings to all.

Jim    0

That is great about your daughter! I have never seen a pink violin - that must raise a few eyebrows! But good for her - if it keeps her happy and playing, that's a good thing. And I love individualists! :winkthumb:

Yeah, Rosa works for me!

Jim