Clancy

New Features - Photo Gallery And Youtube Video Gallery

As you may or may not have noticed we have recently added a Photo Gallery to the forum. To access the Gallery, simply can click on the "Gallery" link on the menu bar at the top of any forum page.

With this Gallery you can upload your photos and have them automatically linked from your profile. You can also create albums that can be made viewable publicly or viewable only to those you have added as friends. If you are familiar with Facebook, it works much the same as that. You can also comment on photos and link to them, subscribe to them or make them your favorites. If you scroll to the bottom of the forum home page you can see a couple of photos that have already been uploaded (by skinnybloke and 6string).

To create a photo album, just go to your Settings and then "Select Gallery" and then "Click here to create your first album". It's all fairly straightforward I think. You can also upload 5 images at a time by selecting the "bulk upload" option.

Another new feature is the Member's YouTube Video Gallery where members can link to their youtube videos. You can access this by clicking on the "Videos" link on the menu bar at the top of any forum page. You will also be able to see the latest submissions on the sidebar of the forum homepage. Kirk has submitted a couple of his already. You can also add comments on videos and add them as favorites. Videos submitted will also show up on your profile.

Well, any suggestions are welcome as usual. Enjoy the new features.

Clancy

Hmm, which ones Eddie? Can you not upload a photo or is it the Video Gallery that isn't working. I'll double check your permissions. I set it up late last night maybe I didn't get it right.

Chelle, I just answered your question on changing the name of an image in the comments section of your photo.

Clancy

I checked your permissions Eddie and all seems to be set correctly. If you click on this link and click on the new image button (or the bulk upload) and sumbit your image, what is the error you are getting?

Clancy

You can manage and delete them from the gallery as well Matt, just click on the "mod options" link from the page the image is on. I think the only way you can add an album is from your settings. I'm not completely familiar with it all yet either but I think that's the way it works.

Oh, I assume you are talking about the Photo Gallery not the Video Gallery?

I was indeed, that feature is a nice addition. Seems to me it works exactly as you said.

Sorry I don't have any guitar pics, posted another leisure shot, you don't have too actually have to have a guitar to be a member do you ?

Clancy,

When I try to create an album it refers to a category. It asked to name the album. When I try to select pictures, I get an error message.

I was able to use your link to add a test picture.

This is a test to upload a jpg. Upload failed.

The file was 40.0m file smallest i could get it.

Edited by eddiez152

Sorry for the confusion Eddie. It turns out that categories are either meant for single image uploads OR albums (they do not allow single images and albums in the same category).

I have now made another category here called Member's Albums. You should be able to create an album in there.

I don't think I have set a limit for uploads, but I think the maximum may be around 24MB. 40MB is a huge file for a photo or did you mean 4MB. Let me know if you still are having issues and I'll look into it more.

Clancy

I was indeed, that feature is a nice addition. Seems to me it works exactly as you said.

Sorry I don't have any guitar pics, posted another leisure shot, you don't have too actually have to have a guitar to be a member do you ?

Hey, what happened to your leisure shots Matt?

Great new feature with the Photo Gallery, I like the fact that it stores the pictures in original format which you can view after clicking on the zoom button. :winkthumb:

Now I'm gonna test the new Video Gallery...

Just discovered the video gallery, what a great addition. Plus I got the bonus Mattz clip...was the bribe expensive Clancy :):innocent:

Well we think it's Matt anyway. He is headless in it, isn't he?

Ronnie,

Just click on the Gallery link in the menu bar at the top of any forum page, from there select whether you want to just upload an image or create an album. Click on the appropriate category (Members Images will allow you to just upload single pics without having to create an album and it's the simplest way). Just click on the "New Image" button from inside that category. The Members Albums Category will allow you to create an album for your photos. To create an album, click on the "New Album" button. This will take you to your settings panel where you can create an album. From there you will be asked to enter a name and description for your album. You will also be able to determine whether your album is public or hidden or shown just to your friends.

Hope that helps.

Clancy