Hi Kirk,

I found your lesson "Sugar Loaf -- Bossa Nova Lession" on Youtube and after that I just had to register here and start practising it. Thank you very much for it, I spent the whole weekend training it!! :) I found another nice piece of bossa nova from you in youtube, called Boss à Lorange... I think that somebody has already asked this, but is there any chance that you could make tabs of it?? I really appreciate your work!! :)

And are there maybe coming more bossa lessions in the future...?

Hi, larssi, I'm glad you're enjoying the lesson. As for Boss à Lorange ... I'll need to dust that one off and have another look at it. I wrote it over a couple of days years ago and haven't revisited it for a long time. It's quite complex, but I will get to it asap. I need to finish it off!

Cheers.

Hi Kirk,

I just received your lesson on Sugar Loaf, Bossa Nova lesson 1 in my short time since I bought Plane Talk and started with your lessons. I think I still have a copy of the LP of Jazz Samba in my milk crates of LPs - having long ago transferred them all to CD - and agree that it was a great landmark. Saw Getz at Perth Concert Hall but have never been a fan of the sax. Thanks for Sugar Loaf, I have never tried to play any Latin American, but this one goes into my practice book right now and I hope I don't have too much difficulty with it. I have benefitted hugely from Plane Talk and although I am not improvising in any worthwhile way yet am having a lot of fun noodling while I try to visualise the fretboard as you have shown  it can be done. My mental fretboard map is vastly improved over what it was pre Plane Talk. Thanks for that.

Thanks for the feedback, John. I would have loved to have seen the original lineup of that album, to watch Charlie play all those wonderful chords and lines live, in person. I'm no huge sax fan either, but Stan is different, unique.

Good to hear PlaneTalk has cleared some of the cobwebs away from the fretboard. B)