We're Back! New Forum, New Site.

45 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kirk Lorange

Site Founder

• Admin

• 4,214 posts
  • Joined 31-January 04

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:06 PM

Phew ... after many many hours of tedious box-checking, redirecting, uploading and downloading, converting, correcting and testing, we're back. Clancy and I have had several days of little sleep. My hair was already grey, but if it hadn't been, it would be now ... if you get my drift.

The forum seems to working well, it'll take a few days to familiarize yourself with the new layout, features, etc., but I think you'll soon see that it's better than the old forum and it certainly works better from the admin's point of view. The drop-down menu next to your name, upper right-hand, is where you'll find your personal settings.

The content section can be accessed using the top navigation bar. You'll see that it's all been redone and that there are movies there to complement the text/graphics (almost 100 of them). We've made it so that anyone who has ever donated to the site can view the movies for a while -- we've made you 'Premium Members' -- but anyone else will have to pay a modest subscription fee to view them.

There may be a few little glitches showing up here and there. If you do find anything that's broken, any dead links, typos or weirdness, please let us know in this thread and we'll get onto it. General feedback is welcome too.

Thank you, carol m, your input over the last few days has been invaluable, you're a natural born proofreader.

It's good to be back! Tonight, we sleep ...

#2 OFFLINE   si16

• Moderators

• 6,086 posts
  • Joined 07-November 05

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:48 PM

Congratulations, your hard work has paid off. The site is looking great, looking forward to finding out all the new features. Good to be back indeed!

#3 OFFLINE   6string

• Active Members
  • 3,920 posts
  • Joined 31-July 04

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:55 PM

Nice renovations :thumbup1:
Deja Moo: The feeling that youve heard this bull before.

#4 OFFLINE   Kirk Lorange

Site Founder

• Admin

• 4,214 posts
  • Joined 31-January 04

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:00 PM

Glad you like it, 6string. Welcome back. :)

#5 ONLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 9,875 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:48 PM

Well Chief,
I'm glad you survived! I think it look great. Clancy must be astatic as well.
Nothin sweeter than the sound of music comin out of a 6 string box - EZ me Music / ASCAP "Music is a social act of communication, a gesture of friendship,the strongest there is"-Malcolm Arnold

#6 OFFLINE   mattz196

Grand Member

• Active Members

• 2,518 posts
  • Joined 31-July 06

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:57 AM

I think it looks great ,very slick .
Well done Clancy, Kirk and all involved :claping: :claping: :claping:
What's Rangoon to you is Grafton to me

#7 OFFLINE   Chelle E.

• Active Members

• 302 posts
  • Joined 14-September 08

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:17 AM

View Postmattz196, on 25 June 2010 - 12:57 AM, said:

I think it looks great ,very slick .
Well done Clancy, Kirk and all involved :claping: :claping: :claping:
3 Cheers for Kirk and Clancy !!! :claping: :claping: :claping:

#8 OFFLINE   Chelle E.

• Active Members

• 302 posts
  • Joined 14-September 08

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:18 AM

Oop, I goofed that up, LOL
I'll keep poking around until I get good posting chops.

#9 OFFLINE   solidwalnut

Moderator | Lesson Contributor

• Lesson Contributors

• 2,098 posts
  • Joined 12-October 06

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:10 AM

View PostKirk Lorange, on 24 June 2010 - 09:06 PM, said:

Phew ... after many many hours of tedious box-checking, redirecting, uploading and downloading, converting, correcting and testing, we're back. Clancy and I have had several days of little sleep. My hair was already grey, but if it hadn't been, it would be now ... if you get my drift.

The forum seems to working well, it'll take a few days to familiarize yourself with the new layout, features, etc., but I think you'll soon see that it's better than the old forum and it certainly works better from the admin's point of view. The drop-down menu next to your name, upper right-hand, is where you'll find your personal settings.

The content section can be accessed using the top navigation bar. You'll see that it's all been redone and that there are movies there to complement the text/graphics (almost 100 of them). We've made it so that anyone who has ever donated to the site can view the movies for a while -- we've made you 'Premium Members' -- but anyone else will have to pay a modest subscription fee to view them.

There may be a few little glitches showing up here and there. If you do find anything that's broken, any dead links, typos or weirdness, please let us know in this thread and we'll get onto it. General feedback is welcome too.

Thank you, carol m, your input over the last few days has been invaluable, you're a natural born proofreader.

It's good to be back! Tonight, we sleep ...

Whew! A ton of work. This is certainly different. It'll take me a while to get it, but I know it will come eventually. Sleep well!
Steve Cass
Solid Walnut Music/ASCAP

Becoming a great guitarist has less to do with fancy moves than it does becoming a master of the basics and learning musicianship.
It's not what you can't do. It's how you play what you already know.

View my lessons here at GfB&B

"Rhythm guitar is a trip that alot of people miss" -- Tom Petty

#10 OFFLINE   skinnybloke

Grand Member

• Active Members

• 1,542 posts
  • Joined 17-July 06

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:34 AM

The works been worth it, love the new format. Really well done Clancy and all.
I got blisters on my fingers........!

#11 OFFLINE   GotDeeBlues

Grand Member

• Active Members
  • 2,797 posts
  • Joined 22-December 06

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:43 AM

Looks great, congratulations on all the hard work. Very nicely done indeed!
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
..Nietzsche

#12 ONLINE   Clancy

Administrator

• Admin

• 3,467 posts
  • Joined 17-October 05

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:56 AM

Thanks all. It's been a bear of a thing to convert but apart from a few little bugs it looks like it's running ok now. We'll see over the next couple of days if anything raises it's ugly head.

I would like to give a HUGE thank you to Carol. She has been helping out with bugs and proof reading for the last few weeks, staying up late with me and I really feel that without Carol's input, we would still be a long way from getting this all done. Thank you Carol.

I will start a thread in the next day or two outlining some of the new features and also what we plan to add in the very near future.

Tonight I am going to have a glass of red and an early night.

Cheers

Clancy
I said, "I do not fear those pants with nobody inside them." I said, and said, and said those words. I said them but I lied them. ~ Dr. Seuss

#13 ONLINE   Clancy

Administrator

• Admin

• 3,467 posts
  • Joined 17-October 05

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:58 AM

Oh and of course, let me know if there is anything that isn't working properly or if you are limited in any way that you think is incorrect.

Clancy
I said, "I do not fear those pants with nobody inside them." I said, and said, and said those words. I said them but I lied them. ~ Dr. Seuss

#14 OFFLINE   boroboy41

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 14-May 09

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:16 AM

Guys the new forum looks great, a good job done well.

I have found a little glitch, I went to edit my profile and got the following error:-

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#1026] You are not permitted to modify all or some of your profile information.

Cheers
BB41

#15 ONLINE   Clancy

Administrator

• Admin

• 3,467 posts
  • Joined 17-October 05

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:25 AM

Try it now BB41. I had you in the wrong usergroup. I'll have to look into why that was, but for now you should be all set to go.

Clancy

#16 OFFLINE   allthumbs

• Active Members

• 16,550 posts
  • Joined 11-February 05

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:28 AM

Very slick. Congrats on the conversion.

#17 OFFLINE   nowhere-man

• Active Members

• 867 posts
  • Joined 08-November 05

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:09 AM

Congrats, it all looks great, the hard work has paid off.

Hope you can all enjoy a well-earned rest now.

Geoff :)

#18 OFFLINE   boroboy41

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 14-May 09

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:20 AM

Cheers Clancy that seems to be working now.

One more thing though...when I click on "view new content" I was expecting the equivalent of the "View New Posts" from the old forum, i.e a list of threads that have been updated since my last visit. It seems to bring up the Forum Search form instead. Is that right?

BB41

#19 ONLINE   Clancy

Administrator

• Admin

• 3,467 posts
  • Joined 17-October 05

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:30 AM

I'll look into that tomorrow BB41. I thought there might be an issue with that.

Thanks Geoff and Marty.

Clancy

#20 OFFLINE   hearinvoices

• Active Members
  • 754 posts
  • Joined 07-January 10

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:35 AM

I'm glad we are back up and running I was starting to have withdrawals lol. Appreciate all the hard work ! I'm still searching around with it trying to get used to it but so far looks good. The one thing I think I'm gonna miss is the video chat tho. doesnt look like this chat allows a mic or video.

Johnny
Sometimes I sit and think and sometimes I just sit . Mostly I just sit ..... I think

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users