Kirk Lorange

We're Back! New Forum, New Site.

Thanks for the thanks, folks.

If anyone is having trouble setting the time zone accurately, if you leave both DST options unchecked it seems to work ok. That's how it works for me anyway.

This is good - if you go to the Forum main page, the online members are listed down the bottom, and if you click on Members Name, or Last Click, you get a page showing where everyone is and what they did last - the spy in me says 'cool". :innocent:

If you try to buy a subscription from the link in the Help pages you currently get 'error, not found' - BUT don't despair! All is not lost, because if you go to the site Home Page you can buy a subscription by clicking on the Movie Pass icon at the bottom left. :D

• If you go to the Moderating Team link - in the thin blue banner across the bottom of the Forum main page, and above 'Active Users' you'll see what looks like '--------------' for each Forum Moderator. If you click on the '--------------' you'll get a drop down menu/link their forums (and lessons if they've contributed any).

• Right next to that tab at the foot of the Forum Home page, is the 'Today's Active Content' which gives you a list like the old drop down menu tab that used to be near the top of the page on the old site.

Watched Forums - I couldn't find a way to set this in Settings, but Help says:

"To subscribe to a topic or forum, go to that area and click the " Watch" button. You can also subscribe to a topic while replying by checking the "Enable email notification of replies?" checkbox from under the post configuration options".

And I couldn't find a way to check/watch them all with one click, but if you go to a Forum you want to watch, you can click Watch this Forum (blue) with that icon on the Forum, or Subforum, header - right hand side.

Cheers Clancy that seems to be working now.One more thing though...when I click on "view new content" I was expecting the equivalent of the "View New Posts" from the old forum, i.e a list of threads that have been updated since my last visit. It seems to bring up the Forum Search form instead. Is that right?BB41

BB41, the view new content link should be working now.

Clancy

After a few days of use I'm thinking the new format is far superior .

Just a few of the things I like .

Firstly a clearer more open "look".

One click new content

One click subscribed/watched threads.

I never had worked out before how to embed a video before ,so simple now .

The add and name a link is also much better.

Message system where I don't have to think "do I reply at the top or the bottom"

Could be my imagination but it also seems faster.

Top job Clancy I think its great. :claping: :claping:

Matt

Thanks Matt, I appreciate the feedback. There are still some things I need to sort out, but we are getting there slowly.

Clancy

I've been exploring here for a while, and as far as I'm concerned it's the movies that are the outstanding star feature of this new site.

For those of you who haven't got a movie pass yet, you are really missing out. Yes, the written stuff is good, but the movies are the really outstanding new feature here. They are in the blue banner heading across the top of every page above the Guitarforbeginners red logo.

They're not just 'this is what 'x' is', or this is how you do, say, vibrato or muting, or how to find and understand scales, chords, extended chords, etc. Of course it is all that, but much more besides. In fact it's something I've never seen anywhere else on the net before. You get a chance to have a real musician showing you, and demonstrating, how to understand everything about music, playing guitar, and more importantly, how to make a collection of notes into something that sounds like music.

And it's for anyone. It's ideal for beginners, but I reckon even experienced guitarists will learn something from the movies.

Also, they really inspire you to pick up your guitar and really get into your playing again, even the practicing :) and start twanging out some music.

And you don't have to pay for a teacher you only see once a week, it's right here any time you want it, and you can replay it as often as you want to.

You can probably tell, I'm really impressed with what I've seen and learnt from the movies already. And no, I'm not being paid to write this! I am genuinely impressed. :mrgreen:

And I couldn't find a way to check/watch them all with one click, but if you go to a Forum you want to watch, you can click Watch this Forum (blue) with that icon on the Forum, or Subforum, header - right hand side.

Somehow related to this I would like to mention that your old subscribed threads seem to have the status "No Email Notification" now if you check them under "Watched Topics". To change this status to e.g. "Immediate Email Notification" for all old threads, you can simply select them all at once and choose this option in the dropdown menu.

Thanks for the tip hans. With the conversion, none of the subscription notification settings were carried forward. A pain really, but it was just one of those things that couldn't be helped unfortunately.

Clancy

kirk i just bought movie pass how do i access it?

Al

Hi Al,

I think Kirk sorted this out for you but for anyone else who is wondering... after you purchase the movie pass, just browse the site and instead of seeing the sample movie when you click on the "watch the movie" links, all the movies will be available to see. You just need to be sure you are logged in first.

Let me know if you have any other questions Al. Might be worth starting a new topic if you do.

Cheers

Clancy

whew is right..

Haven't been around in a while..Good to see everyone, Kirk, Clancy..

Just checking in from Florida.. Hey Kirk, don't know if you, or someone you know may

have been in Melbourne for the Al Green show, my nephew is his guitarist now..since Jimmy Jam passed

away..His name is Dustin Barber, from Jacksonville.

We played a couple gigs recently, and have a couple coming up, so we

are having fun.. Anybody in central Florida come by Jessies Blues club in Winter Haven.

Regards..

Csason..

Hey CS! Glad to see you back! Your Traveling Soldier with your daughter is still one of my fav all time youtube videos! I didn't see the Al Greene show, and Florida is a bit far, but would if I could.

Hey CS! Glad to see you back! Your Traveling Soldier with your daughter is still one of my fav all time youtube videos! I didn't see the Al Greene show, and Florida is a bit far, but would if I could.

thanks Carol..

Ivy has come a long way since then..She was named to the Florida All State choir, She won a talent show at college..then this year, she sang

Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" with a young friend on guitar..for a Dream Girl contest, which includes talent, and won.

She has earned her AA degree at the same time as completing her high school, and wants to go to that special university..we will see.